Prank Gone Wrong

Prank Gone Wrong

Tuesday

Sadly, I had agreed to wake up early for the prank. Bad idea, but at least for the rest of the week Calvin would be paying for my lunch.

"Just so you know, I hate you for this," I grumbled as we headed towards Will's house. We were about to cross a line. But when don't I cross lines?

Calvin and I each carried two plastic Staples bags filled with packs of colorful PostIts. Let's just say Will's car-his treasure-was going to be a little more colorful than usual when he came out to drive to school.

"Hey, I'm paying for your lunch and I already owe you money. I have to wake up-" began Calvin.

"Would you just let me complain for once?" I asked. "I'm tired!"

"That's not my problem," he retorted.

"It can become your problemo, Callie," I snarled.

Calvin and I walked to Will's house and did our oh-so terrible deed.

~

"Wake up. He's coming out," murmured Calvin and I realized I had fallen asleep.

Calvin and I sat up in the pine tree in Will's neighbors that lied across the street from him. I looked up and smothered a laugh. Calvin had sap in his hair. He looked up, and quickly tried brushing it out. It was sap. Sap is sticking. And so, Calvin failed.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes before turning my full attention back to that dear boy William. Note the sarcasm, people. The extreme sarcasm.

Will wore his usual shorts and a t-shirt. He had one strap of his Adidas backpack carelessly slung over his right shoulder, car and house keys in one hand, and chemistry book in the other hand.

We had homework? ...Oops, I thought with a shrug.

Will locked himself out of the house before turning around and looking at his car. Oh, how pretty it was.

Calvin and I heard him mutter something, but I couldn't tell what it was.

"Hey, Bozo!" I shouted, waving my arm as I clung to the tree with the other.

Will looked up in shock. An evil grin spread across not only my face, but Calvin's as well. I think I had rubbed off on him a little. Calvin emptied the bag of left over PostIts all over Will's neighbor's tree and lawn below. With Will in shock, we climbed down.

Then Will turned beat red in fury. Calvin raced away like some track runner-and he was not an athlete. But he did have long legs, which probably helped. I ding-dong ditched Will's neighbor before sprinting down the street.

Behind me, there was shouting and I wondered where Calvin had gone off to. Then a car engine started. And knew very well what that meant. Now I was worrying where Calvin was. Yes, I worried about where that tall, fast bastard was. I still found it weird, even though it wasn't the first time, and I thought I would never get used to it.