Safe and Sound (Marichat)

Song: Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift

I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said, "I'll never let you go"

"I'm never gonna let you go, Princess." Chat looked at the trembling girl in his arms, crying. He held her close and tried to soothe her with calming words and ran his hand down her hair, ignoring the pain that was lacing through his heart.

When all those shadows almost killed your light

"The akuma is gone... You're not akumatized anymore, you're safe."

I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"

"Please don't leave me." Marinette was about to continue but Chat's ring beeped, signaling he had two minutes left until he detransformed.

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

"I will be back."

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down

When he did come back, with an even worse pain, she was curled up in a ball in the same place he had left her, crying. The feeling of guilt and regret instantly washed over him as he ran to her side.

You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now

"You're okay. Nobody can hurt you now." He rocked her body back and forth.

"B-But you killed it... You absorbed the akuma..."

Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

"We'll both be okay. For you, I'd take a million akumas, just to keep you safe."

Don't you dare look out your window darling
Everything's on fire

"B-But-"

"I know. I know what could happen, and what will happen when I have too many. But you are worth it, Mari. And I will fight this evil just to stay with you."

The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold onto this lullaby
Even when the music's gone
Gone

"But I need you to promise me something."

"W-What?"

"I need you to promise me that you will love me unconditionally. Even if I am too far gone, bring me back with your love. Can you promise that?"

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down

"Y-yeah." She wrapped her arms around Chat's shoulders, holding him tightly to her.

You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now

"I am going to help you fight this, kitty. I am. You can beat it."

Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound.

Chat gently pushed her away, the pain in his chest quickly spreading to his head. This was it. This was what happens if a Chat Noir absorbs an akuma.

Just close your eyes
You'll be alright

"Princess, close your eyes." Chat gritted through his teeth. "I don't want you to see me like this."

Marinette's watery eyes finally spilled over as she scrambled back over to him.

Come morning light,

She pulled his head down, his lips meeting hers in a sweet kiss.

You and I'll be safe and sound...

Badump badump badump

...badump...

...badump...

...

"Chat! Don't leave me please!"

I am trying to write a LadyNoir and a Ladrien one shot but I just can't. I guess I can only really write Marichat and Adrienette.

Until next time, peace!