Champion

Champion. That was what she was. She was also young, reckless, rude, strong, and determined. But all of those traits were what made her a champion, what encouraged her to do anything.

Nathanael knew that as Chloé stood up, her yellow striped suit covered in dirt and dust and blood, whose blood, he wasn't quite sure. Her black gloved hand pressed against her right side as her knees bent, poised to attack despite her bruised or broken ribs.

Ladybug and Chat Noir had long since disappeared as their miraculous ran out of power after using a Lucky Charm and Cataclysm. They were supposed to be back soon, but during the time that they were gone, Volpina had been knocked into a mess of broken bones as she tried to keep all of the past akumas away from innocent civilians who had their akumas cleansed as Queen Bee flew bunches of them to safety while actively sticking akumas to walls.

But now it was Nathanael and Chloé. In a shimmering gold light, the dirtied and torn suit had disappeared, leaving Chloé unguarded, no weapon defend herself as a bee looking thing dropped into her hands. Chloé tucked it/her/him whatever the bee thing was, into Nath's hands, a pained smiled on her face as she took out a bee-themed comb out of her hand and placed it next to her kwami.

"Keep these safe for me, yeah?"

Nathanael couldn't answer as his teal eyes focused on her icy blue ones. What was she- What was she going to do? Her voice, he had never heard it so soft before. She was quiet, but she oozed confidence and determination. Not waiting for him, she turned around to the multiple villains surrounding them, an eye on Volpina who was still unconscious in the crowd.

Without a word, Chloé charged into the fray, never once looking back. She was strong, she was mean, and she was reckless. She had never let anything hold her back, and she got what she wanted.

She fought through her pain as every part of her ached. She took some akumas down, but there were more advancing. Chloé wasn't sure how, but she managed to get to Volpina, dragged her to safety and covered her. She somehow distracted the akumas and led them away from Volpina and Nathanael.

Only once did she lock eyes with Nathanael as she grinned victoriously. The akumas were going to overpower her, she knew that and he knew that too. So why was she grinning at him like that?! He had to help her! But the second he scrambled to his feet, she held up a hand, shaking her head no.

She was born a champion.

And she was sure as hell going to die as one as well.

In case ya didn't get it, Chloé dies in the end. I can just see Chloé being like that. Confident in herself, even when she knows she's going to die, but she knows it would have been to protect those she loved.

Anyways! Tell me what you thought about this one shot, and you're thoughts on Chloé!

Until next time, peace!