Lifeguard (Adrienette)

If you haven't already, check out my Tumblr, marichat-sins and my FF.net account Marichatsins for longer one shots and one shot requests that you guys have, okay? Enjoy!

Word Count: 2,003

"Why did we have to go to the pool of all places?" Marinette groaned as she clutched her towel tightly to her chest. She was in one of her personal favorite bikinis, a pink and white polka dotted two piece that fit her snuggly as it should, since she was the one who hand made it. With the two pink bows on her hips that tied the bottom together and the white ribbon bow placed between the cups of her top, she felt that the outfit was simple yet pretty.

"Because it's the middle of summer Marinette!" Alya exclaimed as she threw her hands up excitedly in the air, her blue towel hanging over her shoulder. "The hottest day, too! So why not go to the pool to cool down?"

Because I can't swim.

Marinette grumbled under her breath as she neared the chlorine packed water that held dozens of people. They were all splashing at each other and laughing and swimming in the cool water that would probably feel great in this weather, but for Marinette it looked like hell. A very watery hell.

"Hey dudettes!" Alya's boyfriend, Nino, called out as a greeting before he slung an arm around said girl's shoulder, overlapping the blue towel. "Who's ready for some fun?"

"Hey girls," Adrien gave them a short wave and Marinette's heart stuttered as she felt heat crawl up the back of her neck at the small smile Adrien wore.

God he looks handsome in everything!

Marinette shamefully took a look at his black swimming trunks when he turned his head to talk to Nino. They had thick neon green stripes on each side and the material was hanging dangerously low on his hips. She nearly fainted when she saw his v line before following the pattern of his abs.

That is until Alya had elbowed Marinette in the ribcage, causing the teen to double over and cradled the injured spot.

"Marinette? Are you okay?" Her head shot up in surprise as she felt a warm hand placed on her shoulder. A hand that was connect to Adrien's body.

"Eep! I-I mean, yeah, yeah I'm okay! Alya just hit me." She squeaked out, taking a few steps back at a miniature attempt to scoot away from him.

"Mari, watch out!" Her sandaled foot slipped against the slick metal that rimmed the pool, and she was falling back. She braced herself for water but nothing came as muscled arms wrapped around her torso. Her immediate reaction was to loop her arms around her savior's neck as she was pulled up flush against his chest.

"Are you okay?" A familiar voice whispered into her ear. She felt his lips scrape softly against the cartilage of her ear and his hot breath made her burn up even more. The blush that had began growing at the base of her neck was now making it's way up to her cheeks, her porcelain skin turning into a violent red as her savior stepped back.

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine, Adrien. Thanks." She managed to blurt out before the towel that she had been previously holding was handed to her by Alya.

"Geez girl, it's just water. What are you so afraid of?" Alya teased, unknowing to the whole not knowing how to swim dilemma. What? Don't judge, Marinette just never got around to telling her. Plus, it was slightly embarrassing... It was bad enough Chat Noir knew, no one else needed to know as well.

"Right. Lets just go play some basketball." Marinette offered before she scampered off to find a place to lay her towel and purse that held Tikki.

"I wonder why she was so scared." Alya thought aloud, looking at her friend in worry as she watched the bluenette's figure disappear in the crowd of people. Nino shrugged, not taking his arm off of his spectacled girlfriend.