X

"... I want to be with you but I can't I'm just fucked up and can't treat you the way you should be treated."

He let go of my wrist but I reached for his face which led to him holding my hands back as always.

"Let me touch you," I practically begged. We were so close and then suddenly we had taken 10 steps back.

"I can't. I don't think we should communicate anymore," he released my hands as they fell to my sides. His face seemed hurt but also very assertive and serious.

I held back my emotions and just frowned, hearing about his solution to all of this. I had dreamt of having a strong, successful, Prince Charming by my side, but Nathan was the forbidden fruit and some how I was to. And if one of us bit the other it would lead to our destruction.

I didn't care, I was Eve and I felt like having a taste before it had all ended. In the back of my mind I came to the conclusion of deciding to move in with my mom 3 weeks from now, so why not I live a little.

"You said you didn't do relationships."

"Yes, why?"

"Then let's not have a relationship. I'm leaving already and I plan on living life. I've always been that girl, the one nurtured from society, primed and polished by her parents. So why not live a little?"

"That's not a smart proposal," Nathan downplayed his anger.

"So you never thought of just doing it? No strings attached with me."

"That's impossible with you," Nathan chuckled to himself as he tightened his tie. That's not what I asked.

"We'll never know," my heart began to beat so fast it felt like it would explode. Maybe like Nathan, I wasn't built for a certain something, but I desperately wanted be. I had always wanted to be the girl that had fun, did what she did, and was lost in herself.

I didn't want to go to school and constantly prove to myself that everything I did was a decision I had made, not my father. I didn't want everyone to see my genes and my last name. I wanted above all something that I wanted but could never have... Nathan.

Nathan rose his eyebrow and showed me to his car.

"Let's make this memorable."

He opened the car door and I stepped in. Sitting in his red leather seats brought back so many memories. Good and bad.

"What now," I patted my thighs awkwardly, it felt weird thinking of what we would be doing.

"I have to follow a regime," his engines roared as he finished.

"Nathan, it'll just be once, let's just do what we gotta do and have some fun with it."

He checked his watch and quickly drove to his home. I wasn't scared because I was more nervous of what laid ahead of me.

The valet parked his car and I followed Nathan inside, staying a bit distant, but he didn't say anything.

The elevator was also quiet as Nathan unbuttoned his jacket and rolled his hand over his mouth.

When the ding signified our arrival to our designated floor my heart missed a beat, not skip, miss. Nathan thankfully gave me his hand and led me to his house.

"Is anyone here? What about Zola?"

When those worries escaped my mouth another dark thought rolled in... Melissa.

"No one is here, and Zola never came back," he showed me to his bathroom. "Here, take a shower, there are some shirts in the cabinet above the sink." With that he left me in the large bathhouse.