XXIV

* Trigger Warning ⚠️ * (Please proceed with caution)
Please read PSA at end 🙏🏼

"No,no,no,no,no!"

I was looking in the mirror at my bruises and hikey.

I couldn't remember anything and I just felt like vomiting. Everything was different, I wanted to know what happened. I remember having hot chocolate with... John... He has to know!

Scrambling over my bed I found my phone. Quickly I contacted Barbara who I trusted to have John's number. All I knew was that if I asked Nathan he would become curious or set off.

Texting Barbara I was able to get John's number and also some news on where Nathan was with the baby. According to her they had gotten the results and Nathan was in fact the father or at least she suspected due to his absence. My chest ached very little but I had suspected it, I just had to keep reminding myself that I no longer had feelings for him. This in fact was just another way of doing some psychology on myself, when I know for fact that I had feelings, it was like repeating something over and over until it became the "truth". Plus Melissa suited him, both come from a hierarchy and act as it. Though my dad was a name in the business I was not in his name nor did I make myself aware in the public eye. After Nathan went back to Melissa the media began catching on. Now in a matter of time the public will know that big time investor, entrepreneur etc. was now expecting a million dollar baby.

So then I was able to call John.

"John!"

"Woah, what's up?"

"What happened last night? I don't remember."

"Well after having something at the place we went to have some drinks and looks like you were a lightweight."

"Did we," I coughed at the awkwardness, "Do anything else?"

"Huh?" Then he began laughing awkwardly and sighed. I couldn't believe it. "Actually," he paused, "We had a small celebration of a kind, back at your house."

"My God," I was now crying into the phone and covering my eyes. "God John! I was drunk and you took advantage of me?!"

"I was drunk too."

"You don't understand. YOU took my virginity!"

"I didn't know," he now sounded guilty.

"Of course, you wouldn't have. We're strangers to each other. I can't believe it!"

"Calm down. No one has to know."

"But I know. Did we even use a condom?"

John answered with silence. I still was in a faze, I couldn't even imagine losing it this way. And with John, some guy I hardly knew?! I was a wreck and felt disgusting.

"I got to go!" And I hanged up quickly.

Rummaging through the trash I couldn't find and wrappers. Not even any on the floor, nothing hinting to protection. Falling back into bed I was in deep thought.

I could tell the police but I don't think I was harmed or resisted. Maybe foul play? But Nathan would know and I wouldn't want to ruin anything between them. I had to weigh the pros and cons.