XXXIII

Who would've thought that Paris would be the go to place for Partying.

The beating music still pounded in my head. The taste of alcohol stained my lips and led to my head. Barbara sent me an email of places to check out for her honeymoon research. So that's what I was gonna do today.

"Move," I groaned and pushed Jesse's arm.

"Noo," she groaned back and tightened the blanket over herself.

A knock on the door, pounded my head twice as hard. I felt nauseous. This lifestyle was not for me.

"Sorry but I need you two to run out and get me these ingredients. Do you have currency?"

"Yeah, I got it yesterday. We'll go mama," turning I nudged Jesse's body, "Wake up Jesse!"

My mother handed me the note and closed the door. Her house was big, big for her collection of paintings and drawings. The house rested on the outskirts but it was pleasant and worth the time.

Getting up, I pushed Jesse one more time and sat up. My phone was dead. I couldn't remember much, but I think I called Nathan.

Plugging in my phone. I took the time to get ready. The bathroom was directly next to the bed, I took a shower and cleansed myself of the sweat and alcohol that layered my body.

"Jesse," I yelled when I got out. My phone had been ringing and she didn't bother to answer.

"Hello," my voice cracked.

"Are you sick?" It was Jake.

"Miss you too," I chuckled, "And no I'm not sick, more like hungover."

"Wow. The very elegant Madeline partying like she's twenty two. The word must be ending," Jake and I chuckled at the lacking sincerity of his speech.

Jesse finally woke up, wearing nothing but a long shirt and undies. I liked her shameless attitude, unlike my conservative sleeping arrangement.

"So? Did you need something or is this just a social call?"

"Actually... I'll tell you later. Gottagobye."

"-wait." It was to late he had already disconnected.

"Nathan or-," Jesse called from the bathroom.

"Jake." But it was weird. He sounded like he wanted to say something but ended up not. It was odd but I had to move on.

As Jesse got ready I checked my phone. I called Nathan a million times and he finally answered early this morning/ late night.

I didn't want to think about it. I will go on about my day like it never happened. Still, I could not get the thought of my drunk stupid self out of me head, especially since I spoke with the ever so sophisticated Nathan.

Now borrowing Micael, Jesse and I headed to a fairly close flea market. The aroma was fantastic. I smelled spices and beautiful breads along with the home like aesthetic of it all.

Locking arms, Jesse and I walked down the street with a brown reusable bag and our backpacks. Men, women and children crowded the street, talking about feasts and parties. It felt magical, Belle like.

I found the first item on the list.

Nathan's POV

The days were numbered, Madeline and I had both fallen off the face of the Earth.  Barbara usually would mention something obnoxious about Madeline or I or even both, but today she remained frightfully quiet. I admit that I did want to join her, Madeline that is, but business came before pleasure, and pleasure rarely came.