Part - 25

Tessa woke up not wanting to face the truth. The whole scene passed before her eyes again and again.

Stefan was her father? He was her mother's lover? How taht can be possible. But apparently it was because he believed it. Oh god what was she supposed to do? What was she supposed to think. How could she fell in love with her own... no no no. It can't be true. There must something wrong.

"Then why Stefan didn't corrected his uncle?" A tiny voice in her head asked. "Oh just shut up" she shouted.

"You are awake?" Very familiar feminine voice asked.

Tessa opened her eyes and saw her mother's face. She doesn't want to face her now. What would she tell her? Hey mother, how are you? By the way I fell in love with your ex lover that you forgot to mention was my real father. No. No.no. she said inwardly and closed her eyes in shame.

"Open your eyes Tessa, I know you are awake."

"I... I... I don't know how to face you" she said truthfully.

"Still awkward and stammering like a fool. I don't know what he liked in you" Doris said walking away from her and slumped down in corner.

That was new, her mother sounded jealous of her. When did that happen?  And why? She thought before swinging her legs down from the low cot she was lying in and asked "Who you are talking about mother?"

"That good for nothing prince of that cursed land Xaincia. Who else?" Doris said turning away.

Her mother was jealous of her because Stefan lov... liked her? That was confusing. Why would she be jealous? Because Stefan didn't really loved her mother?  Because he left her? Whatever the reason was but it gave her confidence. Stefan liked her and her mother is jealous of her. How exciting, not that it made the truth less painful but it gave her much needed conference to face her mother. "So is that true?" She asked.

"What?"

"That... that you were his..."

"Yes" she replied without facing her.

"And he left you..."

"Don't get so smug about it girl. I was his first choice." Doris said before she could complete her question.

Tessa's lips upturned in a smile when she spoke again "First choise? Hah... you must be his mistake that he realized soon enough to get rid of you the way he did. He never loved you mother, he loves me."

"You should be ashamed of yourself to talk about your own father..." Doris turned towards her angrily but Tessa stood up and shouted.

"Don't you tell lies to me. I am not a fool to believe you mother. Stefan is not my father if he were you would have left me with him like you left Gabby with Sir John McCartney. You wouldn't bring me along with you for love. You don't even know what love is."

"And you think you know?" Doris asked sarcastically.

"Yes I do, and I love Stefan." Tessa challenged.

Doris stared at her in astonishment, this was the first time she saw her raise her voice and speak without stammering. "You have changed girl" she said and turned away.

"Yes I have. I got what has been missing from my life. Love. And Stefan gave that love to me. I know you made him believe your lies but I will tell him the truth when I meet him" Tessa said but suddenly realized she may never see him again. Panicked, she looked around her for the first time.

It was definitely not McCartney's residence in Talamasca. Seeing her mother she thought she has reached there but no. This place was very much like the dungeons of her imaginations.