Part - 27

"Alayken! Come out and face me like a man." Darian called again and looked sideways to where Stefan was hiding behind the piece of large broken wall.

He knew Stefan was growing impatient, hell, even he was getting impatient too, waiting there while Gods know what was happening inside with Janet and Tessa.

He had been calling Alayken out from a long time and he hasn't come out or even acknowledged him so far. Darian doesn't want to enter through the ward forcefully or giving up Stefan's presence yet. Alayken must be sure that he would have thrown him in the dungeons and came here alone for Janet, and Darian wants to keep him thinking that only.

However he just doesn't know how long he would stand this suspense. Maybe he is not there, but then Tiatan would have been there to answer. They wouldn't leave their captives unguarded that was for sure. Then why nobody was answering?

Darian thought to give one more try before changing their plan and attack castle directly. He opened his mouth to call again when Alayken showed himself.

"Do give rest to your voice nephew dear. You'll be needing it to beg me later for your wife and child." Alayken said coming down from the main entrance's wide stairs.

He said child not children, that means he doesn't know Janet gave birth to the twins. Does it means he doesn't have them here anymore? "Don't forget who you are talking to Alayken. This is not the way to address your king" Darian replied calmly but inside he felt no calm at all.

Stefan heard what was going on in Darian's mind, it was going through his mind too but he felt how calm his brother was then him. If Darian would delay any longer to enter the ward he would do it. To hell with the consequences.

"YOU ARE NOT MY KING." Alayken shouted angrily then said in normal voice "you never were"

"Are you saying you are not an Xaincian?"

"No. I am a Nomanslandian not a bloody Xaincian."

"Then it was my mistake to treat you as such. You should have been executed right after your arrest." Darian said and Alayken laughed.

" Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes. Have you ever done anything right oh almighty king of Xaincia? You always been busy trying to do right thing but always been too blind to see what was going on right under your nose. Your father was the same, a blind fool like you." Alayken said mockingly.

Darian saw sideways to make sure Stefan hasn't taken Alayken's bait and came out to attack him but he relaxed when saw Stefan didn't moved. Although his rigged stance was proof that the jibe affected him too. "Have care what you speak. You can't insult my father and expect me to be lenient with your punishment next time" he spoke looking at Alayken.

"Did I say something wrong? Is it not true that I turned his own son against him by poisoning his tender brain with lies and misinformations? While he has been blind and trusted a vengeful snake like me."

"My father was a compassionate man. He didn't know he was sheltering a snake under his roof?" Darian spat.

"Hmmm... That's another way of seeing it. Anyway how is my favorite nephew? Safely tucked back in dungeons I guess?"

"Why is that any concern for you?"

"It is. Take it as my first demand for freeing your wife and child. Although I have many more coming but first you go back, arrest Stefan and bring him here. Nicely bound in chains, like a criminal should be."

"Why would you want that? You loved Stefan." Darian asked knowing very well what his answer will be, but Stefan needs to hear it from Alayken's mouth that he never cared for him.