Chapter Nine

Author's Note:

Guys. This story is already longer than Stolen Innocence, and I'm not even a quarter of the way through. This should show you how serious I am about this story...which means you should totally read it. :P Anyways, ENJOY. Vote, fan, share, comment, all dat makes meh a happy camper :)

xoxo,

Q.

Did I seriously faint? Have I grown a vagina in the past month, is that what’s happening to me? Because that’s the only logical explanation I’ve been able to come up with.

I blink a few times and when I open my eyes, they’re immediately pained by the overabundance of white. I squint as I get used to it, and then manage to fully open my eyes.

My parents are both standing by my side, as well as an unfamiliar man, who’s smiling at me and wearing a white lab coat. Wait, I’m in a freakin’ hospital? Oh, this just gets better and better.

“Hey there, Luke.” The doctor speaks to me like I’m five years old. Which is what I feel like at the moment. “Glad to see you’re awake.”

I completely ignore him and instead address my parents. “Did I pass out?” I ask. My mother nods, a serious expression on her face. I question her further. “Why?”

The doctor is the one who answers. “Your body could not withstand strenuous exercise due to a lack of nutrition and a lack of sleep.”

“You have been eating less at home, Luke.” Mom says, worriedly.

“What’s going on, son?” My dad asks me in his gruff voice.

“Nothing.” I say, automatically, but my dad shoots me a glare, so I quickly try and make something up in my head. “I’m worried about our next big game.”

There! Basketball always saves the day.

My mom looks at me, doubtfully, but my dad just smiles at me, an expression of understanding crossing his face.

“Oh, of course. Now I understand. Well, not sleeping or eating isn’t gonna help you, son. You need lots of energy in order for you to play your best, okay?”

Now he’s also talking to me like I’m a five-year-old.

Well, that’s what you get for passing out, you girl.

That bitch in my head is always right.

“So how long do I have to stay in here?” I ask.

“Well, we have you hooked on an IV because of your dehydration, and we want you to get back into your old eating and sleeping habits, so I’d say two or three more days and you should be back home.” The doctor smiles that wide, white-teeth, practiced smile that doctors have and I let my head fall back and groan. Three more days? Oh, that’s just great.

“Sweetheart, some friends of yours wanted to see you.” My mom informs me, before patting my leg and leaving the room with my dad and the doctor. They leave the door open and less than a minute later, Alana pokes her head inside the room.

“Hey, you up?” she asks.

“No.” I reply, which makes her roll her eyes.

“Well, we’re coming in anyway.” She says, and the ‘we’ makes me raise my eyebrows. Sure enough, as she walks into the room, she’s followed by Katy and Emery.