Chapter Twenty-Nine

Author's Note:

Omg so much drama, cannot handle. Anyways. VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW. All dat good stuff. Lets try and get up to 50 votes before the next update? Just for me? :)

xoxo
Q.

It’s April fourteenth. The day of the Spring Dance.

Everyone has a date.

I’m going with Alana, Nate’s going with Jess, Toby’s going with Drew, and Katy is going with Emery, because her boyfriend is going out of town for some kind of biking tournament.

Whatever it is, I’m pretty sure it’s illegal.

The biggest, most elaborate, most memorable asking for the Spring Dance was Vanessa’s. Any surprises there?

She had a giant poster fall down from the ceiling of the cafeteria, complete with balloons and music and everything. Tyler Kent was very pleased with all the attention.

Normally, the more exciting part of the evening would be the afterparty. We’d always go to some huge party, where everyone was at, and get wasted as all living hell.

That’s not really an option tonight.

Emery, however, declares that his parents are out of town visiting Emily up in Indiana and that we’re all welcome at his place.

“My man.” Nate says, slugging Emery in the shoulder playfully. “Always got our backs.”

Emery grins.

“Seriously, how long does it take women to get ready?” Toby groans.

We’re all sitting in Katy’s living room in our tuxes, waiting for the girls to finish getting ready so we can head out for dinner before the dance.

“Tell me about it.” Emery laughs.

Nate looks around at all of us.

“Oh my god.” He suddenly says, his eyes widening.

“What?” I ask.

“Holy shit!” he exclaims.

“What’s wrong?” Drew asks.

“I’m the only straight one here!” He practically yells.

Emery starts laughing.

I roll my eyes at him. “Well observed, Nate.”

“Luke!” he turns to me. “Do you know what this means?”

“Enlighten me.” I say, my eyebrows raised.

“Out of our entire group, I am the only one that likes girls!” he says, like this is some kind of grand achievement.

“Congrats, Nate.” I say, in a deadpan tone.

“Oh my god, I just realized something.” He says, looking like all his dreams came true at once.

“What?” Toby asks, looking at Nate amusedly.

“None of you can cockblock me!” Nate shouts, thrusting his fist in the air.

“Not like you’re getting any tonight anyway.” Comes a sharp voice. We all look up to see Jess at the top of the stairs.

Nate’s jaw drops open and it’s easy to see why.

Jess looks absolutely gorgeous. Her blond hair is curled gently and swept to one side and she’s in a floor-length, one-shouldered glittery ice-blue dress. It’s tight and body-fitting, which is perfect for Jess, because she has a body to kill for. If I was straight, I’d be all over that.