Chapter Fourteen

Author's Note:

You guys, I'm being so slow with this story and I'm quite angry at myself about it. I'm still out of school, but they're skyping me into classes, so I have to sit here and pretend I'm listening. Anyways, I promise I will work on it more! I read all your comments last night -- so much love for you right now. Anyway, here's Chappie Fourteen. Enjoy! Vote, comment, fan, share, all the good stuff.

xoxo,
Q.

PS - can we get to 2000 reads before Chappie Fifteen? I believe we can.

“So how’s life in the world of gay?” Alana asks, casually, flopping down on my bed. I scowl at her.

“You need to stop saying shit like that.” I say, and she grins playfully at me, which of course makes me roll my eyes.

“Come on, I’m just curious!” she exclaims, still grinning widely at me.

I sigh and sit down on my desk chair. But then I can’t keep the smile off my face and immediately start talking. “I don’t think I’ve ever been this happy.”

“Aww, Luke.” Alana smiles at me.

“Don’t ‘aww’ me, woman.” I say, warningly, and she laughs.

“For real, Luke. You and Emery are doing good?” she asks.

I nod, enthusiastically. “I mean, it’s been a little hard keeping it a secret. We don’t wanna make anyone suspicious, you know, so it’s kind of an effort. But Jesus, Alana, it’s so fucking worth it.” I sigh in happiness and let my head fall back. Alana laughs again.

“You think I’m joking, but I’m not.” I say. “He’s like a drug.”
Alana’s eyes widen and we sit there in silence for a while until a soft vibrating sound is heard.

“Hey, your phone buzzed.” She says, grabbing my phone from next to her on the bed. I reach out for it, but she automatically holds it out of my reach. I sigh and pick her up off the bed, causing her to shriek.

“Ooh, it’s a text from Lover Boy.” She teases and I immediately reach out to grab my phone from her hand, but she quickly moves it to her other hand.

“Come on, Alana, hand it over.” I say, seriously.

She rolls her eyes, smirking at me, cheekily. “He wants you to come over.”

My eyes widen. “Show me.”

She hands me my phone and I look at the text from Emery.

Hey, you wanna come over tonight?

I begin chewing on the inside of my mouth again.

“What’s wrong?” Alana asks, watching my face intently.

“Nothing.” I say, quickly, slipping my phone into my pocket and turning away from her. But there’s a reason Alana and I are best friends. She can tell when I’m lying.

“You’re nervous, aren’t you?” she asks, a smile in her voice.

“No.” I deny, hurriedly, but it’s a lie and not a good one.

“Oh, Luke, you have nothing to be worried about. That boy is completely head-over-heels for you.”

I feel my blood run a little faster when I hear her say that. I can’t stop the small smile from crossing my face. “You really think so?” I ask.
She rolls her eyes. “Yes, I think so. Now will you text him back?”

“Oh! Yeah.” I pull my phone back out and text a confirmation to Emery, asking him when he wants me over and if he’ll send me the address. He texts back immediately, which of course makes Alana give me an ‘I-told-you-so’ smirk.