Chapter Three: They Can Talk?

A/N: Quick Author's Note. That picture is my characters' reaction. Imagine Galaxia and Sora with that face. I could put one up of Natsu and Happy, but it wouldn't feel right. Or Wendy and Carla. So, just read the story.

Sora's POV

It's been three years since the dragons hatched, and they are quite the handful. They keep running around the cave, and Galaxia and I have been quite busy trying to keep them from falling off the side. "Sora! I got the food!" Galaxia reports. "AH!" I shout. "What's wrong?!" Galaxia asks. "Never mind. I think I know." Galaxia said. When she got over, she saw me under the dragons. I teleported away using some Eclipse magic. "Boy, am I glad that they fell asleep." I said while brushing myself off. "Why are they so clingy?" Galaxia asked. "Probably because I'm the first thing they saw." I said. 'But is that really why they are so attached to me?' I thought to Nebulia and Eclipso. 'It is.' Nebulia and Eclipso thought sadly.

The dragons aren't quite 5 feet yet, but they are close. I know that because I'm 5' 8.5". I'll know if they are 5 feet once they get about chest height. "So, what are we going to have for dinner?" I asked Galaxia. "Well, I got meat for all and some fruit for us." Galaxia said with pride. "Oooo. Fruit! I haven't had fruit in a while!" I said with glee. "Gee, we only had it, uh, how long ago?" Galaxia asked. "We haven't had it in two years." I said. "Oh, no wonder you're so happy for it. I started a fire to cook the meat. The dragons started to wake up and went near the fire. "Ok. Who wants some meat?!" I asked. "We do!!!" four unfamiliar voices said in unison. "Huh?!?" Galaxia and I said in unison. 'Did they just, talk?' I thought to Nebulia and Eclipso. 'Apparently, they did.' Nebulia thought, not quite as shocked as I was. 'Ooooooookay?' I thought.

Once the meat was cooked, I called the dragons over. "So, I need to give you names before you eat." I said with authority. "Why do we need to have names?" the brown one asked. "It's because, now that you can talk, you need names to go by. And because if I want to talk to any of you individually, I need to be able to call you something." I explained. "So, who wants a name first?" I asked. "I do." said the white one. "Ok, let me think." I said. "Yuki" I told her. "Why?" she asked. "That's because 'Yuki' means snow, and you look like snow. And 'Yuki' just sounded pretty." I said. "Yay! I like it, too." she said. "Now, come here to get your dinner Yuki." I said. Yuki came over to get her dinner. "Who's next?" I asked. "Me." said the orange one. "Hmmm. Kaen." I said. "Why?" she asked. "Because 'Kaen' means fire, you look like fire, and 'Kaen' sounds powerful" I said to her. "Awesome." she said. "Now come get your dinner, Kaen." I said with a laugh. 'This is fun.' I thought. "Who next?" I asked. "Me." the yellow one said. "Now you'll be called, Kaze." I said. "'Kaze', doesn't that mean wind?" she asked. "It does, and it sounds elegant." I told her. "Now come and get your food, Kaze." I told her. "Now, what to call you little one." I said to the brown dragon. I thought for a bit. "Chikyu." I told her. "Why 'Chikyu'? Doesn't it mean earth?" she asked. "It does. And even though you are the smallest one, you may end up being the strongest one. And 'Chikyu' just sounds really cute." I told her. "Yay!" she said. "Now come get dinner, Chikyu." I said to her.

Once all the dragons had dinner, they fell asleep. "Now then, time for us to eat." I said to Galaxia. "Good. I was starving." Galaxia said. We ate our food in silence. 'So, now it's only a matter of time before they are able to fly?' I thought to Nebulia. 'Yes, and you know that flying spell, right?' Nebulia asked. 'I do, and the teleporting spell dad taught me will come in handy for short distances.' I thought. 'So, when will you leave here?' Eclipso asked. 'Soon, father. Soon.' I thought. We finished eating. "Galaxia, soon we will be leaving here to find them." I said. "Who do you mean by 'them'?" Galaxia asked. "You remember when father and I left to meet the other Dragon Slayers, right?" I asked. "I do." Galaxia said. "We will be going to find them." I said. "But, you can't fly." Galaxia said, concerned. "I can, and I won't let you carry me all the time." I told her. "Ok. So, who are we going to find first?" Galaxia asked. "First we will look for Natsu." I told her. "Ok." Galaxia said. "We leave once everyone is up." I said. "Okay. Let's sleep for now. Then we can pack stuff to leave." Galaxia said. "Ok. It's a plan." I said. We went to sleep. I was very eager to start the search for the Dragon Slayers.