Chapter Eight: Comforting Sadness

Sora's POV

While we are a part of Team Natsu, we are also our own team called Starry Night. I arranged it out with Natsu, because I didn't want so many members on one team. So, that was how Starry Night was born. But I came up with the name because I wanted it to be a combination of my dragon parents. No one disagreed. 'Starry' came from Nebulia because she's the Galaxy Dragon and 'Night' came from Eclipso because he's the Eclipse Dragon. I registered it with Mira and Starry Night became an official team in Fairy Tail.

Natsu was going over to get a job when the one child of one of the wizards went over to the master. "Why hasn't my father come home yet. He said that he would come back in three days, but it's been about a week." the little boy asked. "Romeo, you're the son of a Fairy Tail wizard, have some faith in your old man." the master said. I looked over at Natsu while they were talking. He looked like he was really angry. "You're stupid!" the child yelled as he punched the master's face. He ran out of the guild hall, crying. I looked into his thoughts and felt his sadness and anger. And I found on scene playing through his head like a record. It was so sad. I was broken out of my thoughts when I heard someone punch the request board. I looked up to see that it was Natsu who did that.

Natsu picked up his stuff and went over to the doors and left. I heard Mira talking to Lucy about why Natsu did that. I decided to follow the little boy. 'Go to the ally girls. I meet you later.' I thought to them. I ran out of the guild, trying to find the boy's aura. It wasn't that hard. It was a little bit brighter than everyone else's auras. I found him crying on some steps not that far from where the guild hall was, but far enough for no one to find him. I walked over to him and sat next to him.

"What's your name?" I asked the boy. "I-i-it's Romeo." the boy said. "Romeo, that's a nice name." I told him. "W-w-what's y-your n-name?" he asked, still crying. "It's Sora. Sora Nova." I told him. "Are you new?" he asked, wiping away the tears. "I am. And I couldn't help but overhear what was going on. You must really look up to your father." I say with a hint of sadness in my voice. "I do. What about your father?" he asked. "My father-" I falter. "My father was killed when I was very young. As well as my mother. I don't know them, but I do know my foster parents. I'm just like Natsu, in a way." I say, sadness evident in my voice when I talk about my parents. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." Romeo said. "It's fine. When I woke up in the infirmary and the master came in, he told me that everyone in the guild is like family. I started to cry at that because I haven't had a human family in a long time." I told him. "So, want to play a game?" I ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Time skip to evening~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was back in the ally with the girls, Romeo waiting for his dad. Before I left I told Romeo that his dad would be back soon, because at that time I sensed Natsu, Lucy and Happy heading towards Romeo with an unfamiliar yet familiar aura. I knew all of the aura's in Fairy Tail, but not who they belonged to. 'I seriously need to memorize everyone's names' I thought to myself sadly. My stomach growled, again. 'And I need to get some food in my stomach before I collapse.' I thought. "When are we going to eat?" I asked. "We don't know." everyone replied.

'At this rate I'm going to collapse, again.' I thought sadly. The first time I collapsed from hunger was when we were out doing jobs for the people of Magnolia and I was by myself after a job. I hadn't eaten anything all day but I did the job. By the time I got back to the alley, I was starving. The other's had something to eat but I didn't. I was starting to get light-headed and passed out. When I woke up, I smelled food. I followed the smell, and found the girls cooking food for me. I thanked them and ate to my hearts content.

I smelled food again, and so did the girls. I followed it to where it was coming from, and it was from inside of the guild. We went into the guild and saw that the lights were off, even though it wasn't that dark yet. "Hello?" I asked, ignoring the light-headed-ness starting. The light flickered on and everyone yelled, welcoming us to the guild. I was shocked. And then I passed out.

When I came to, I saw everyone over me. I quickly teleported away, a defense measure. I was over in a corner, afraid. I haven't been afraid in a long time. When everyone saw that I wasn't on the ground, they started to look for me. I went over to the bar and sat down, very tired from the lack of food. I saw Mira come over. She called everyone over and I felt all of their aura's converging around me. 'Stop!' I thought to all of them. They stopped moving, stunned. Only my friends came over to me. "Sorry." I apologized. "Can I get some food, Mira? I'm starving." I asked Mira. "Sure, what can I get you?" she asked. Everyone fell over (anime style, LOL). "Something that can fill someone up and some water please." I told her. "Coming right up." she said as she went to go and get the food.

Everyone was standing about ten feet away from me, wary of what they heard in their heads. "Sorry about that. I was a bit scared. I only thought what I did out of defense. I have the ability to hear other's thoughts, but I choose to block them out because of privacy. I have also become able to project my thoughts onto others, and let them reply back." I told everyone present. "That's awesome!" Natsu exclaimed. Mira came back with the food. "Here you go." she said. "Thanks!" I say as I begin to eat. 'Maybe they can become my new family.' I thought to myself.

' I thought to myself