It's Sorted

I turned and left, ignoring the pain I'd caused, added, to the pool of pain already there.

   I looked around one more time and my heart dropped. My mind was put in one direction and I forgot about Peter and Caspian altogether.

   I couldn't see Edmund. I panicked and felt my stomach heave when I couldn't. I knew it. He died. I'd lost him. My last words to him had been snarky and dismissive, because I was heart broken and jumbled up and I took it out on him, the innocent, amazing boy who wanted to do nothing but love me. I turned inside and ran. Ran with all my might, twisting through the tunnels back to the room with carving of Aslan. I fell to my knees at the base of the arch, kneeing to Aslan as my shoulders shook. I sobbed for the first time in 1000 years, and it felt good in a constricting way. It was nice to relief from all the pain and tears of those years.

   I'd been held above everyone, untouchable and unlovable as anything other than a queen. I'd been a deity more than a person, but not as important as Aslan. I'd been left alone and broken and had to pull myself together to save a dying race-especially once the Telmarines invaded-and the peace the deserved. I'd struggled and fallen and hurt alone. Then, the boy I'd loved and clung to once long ago was back, and I'd pushed him away out of fear. Now, he was dead and gone and I was all alone again.

   I heard voices approaching and I slipped behind the arch. I'd been in here a while. They might be looking for me. Lucy at least. But the voice was not Lucy. Or any of the Pevensies for that matter. It was high for a man, but low for a woman, and I noted that it was definitely male. By his awkward, wobbling footfalls, he was a dwarf. There were only two dwarfs I knew by name. I think this one was one of them...

   Nikabrik! That was his name. Then I recognized Caspian's voice and my mind froze and I listened intently.

   I'd missed what they'd said as I was thinking but now I heard two voices. A deep, rumbling on going on dramatically about blood and enemies, and then a high, raspy one. I peeked around the arch and saw a two hooded figures, Nikabrik, and caspian. Caspian looked unsure and defensive, eyeing the two figures closely. Nikabrik was smiling in the creepiest way, nodding every time Caspian looked at him. Encouraging him on something.

   "Let the circle be drawn." the hag said. I knew she was a hag when she removed her hood along with the werewolf, who ended his speech. These were the White Witch's minions last time I checked. Their species were still thriving? Great.

   The hag began chanting as the werewolf drew a circle around Caspian with a claw. Suddenly she yelled something repeatedly and waved around a weird looking staff. Just as I realized what the staff was, the hag plunged it into the ground. The ice created ice as soon as it touched the ground, and as the hag stepped back, the ice spread, creeping up the arch and covering the picture of Aslan from view. I creeped along the edge of the room, trying to see the front without being detected. I gasped.

   The staff belong to the figure who appeared in the ice. The White Witch.

   I couldn't move for fear of being seen. She was alive? She was back? HOW?!

   I couldn't hear anything anymore, my ears were ringing too loudly. Instead, I watched numbly as Caspian's hand was grabbed and cut and he insisted something, his face fearful and twisted. He saw his mistake, but it was too late. His eyes relaxed as the White Witch pushed through the ice, reaching out a skin hand, not just the ice shape before us. Caspian's arm was held out and at first he struggled weakly, but then he didn't struggle at all. His eyes completely relaxed and he started reaching out.

   "NO!" someone yelled, breaking me out of my stupor. Peter ran in with Lucy and Susan and Edmund and even trumpkin.

   I joined the fight as Lu and Trumpkin took on Nikabrik, Edmund took on the werewolf, and Susan took on the hag, Peter and I raced to Caspian. Suddenly my wrist was wrenched back and I felt a blade at my throat. Edmund stood before us, sword in hand, and the fur I was shoved against told me that it was the werewolf. I flicked my eyes to see Peter shove Caspian out of the circle and raise his sword to the White Witch. Immediately, she reached her hand to Peter. "One drop," she whispered, reaching for the cut on Peter's head. His gaze softened and he lowered his sword...

   I looked at edmund and nodded. He knew what I meant immediately and tossed me the blade as I slipped away, shoving my elbow into the werewolf's stomach. Edmund ran behind Peter, picked up the sword he dropped, and looked up at the Witch. Her attention was on Peter, and Edmund stumbled back, falling somewhere.

   I spun around, turning my attention to the werewolf. He snarled at me and pouched. I ran Edmund's sword into the beast and he froze, gasping. I pushed it in deeper and twisted, wanting to kill it sooner as it failed, trying to kill me in its last breath. Pathetic. Soon, it was dead. Just in time, I turned to see a sword shoved into the White Witch's torso from behind her and the glass cracked, shattering. We all looked up to see Edmund, clutching Peter's sword above his head where he'd stabbed it into her as the ice block exploded. We all stopped, having won, and looked at Peter. The hga, the werewolf, the White Witch and Nikabrik were all dead.

   "I know," Edmund said to Peter bitterly. "You had it all sorted."