Celebration ft. Bad News

When we wake up, Ed and I change into day clothes, then go tot he stables to meet the others. Everyone grabs a horse, mount, and exchange victorious grins as we ride out and into the streets. It's a bright day, gorgeous. Warm. Our fighters follow behind us and our people crowd beside, behind, and in front of us. There are confetti and shouts, cheers and celebration. Everyone is smiling and laughing. Like when Narnia returned to summer, everything seems to just... glow.

We ride through town and then to the castle again, where we meet in the courtyard and calmly sit about and celebrate until night falls, when we launch fireworks. As he promised, Ed doesn't leave my side. Instead he drags me all around with him, sitting when I ask. He takes this opportunity to show me off and introduce me to everyone as his fiancé. It's rather attractive.

Everyone is partying late into the night, but eventually people do leave. Until it is just the six of us once more. All exhausted, sweaty, and laughing too hard, we go to bed. I'm left with the feeling of whiplash, as if my whole day passed on high speed and my body could not keep up. Loads of fun, though.

Edmund talk late into the night again before going to sleep, and when we do, it's as amazing as I remember, if not more so.

The next morning everything slows down again.

Waking up in Ed's arms, we don't even move for a long time, smiling and looking each other only. His hand runs across my face in all directions, covering every inch of skin, as if memorizing by touch as he follows with his gaze to them more properly ingrain how I look by sight.

"Eternally beautiful," he sighs.

"Eternally young," I sigh back, my sigh much more longing than his.

"That'll change once we go home."

"Home," I echo. "A place I have not been in well over fifty years, possibly. A place that will be foreign to me. A place that I have not seen in an unspeakable amount of lifetimes. A place where I am inconceivable amount of millennia old but will be treated as a child." I sigh heavily.

He smiled, caressing my cheek with his thumb. "I'll be right by your side if you need me,  he reminds. I smile. Nodding firmly.

"Okay."

Then we get out of bed and dressed for the day. When we go down we see Caspian walking down stairs, pausing to watch as Aslan walks with Peter and Susan on either side of him. From the somber mood, I know this is not going to be an majorly happy news. I take Ed's hands, pulling him towards where we are all supposed to gather. Where Aslan has called us.

There, Caspian is offering a home here in Narnia for those who want to stay, and a new start for those who wish one. They will go back to London's world. A man speaks up as doubt crosses the crowd. I recognize him from the tent in a time that seems forever ago, but must have been only a day, two, three at most. It is the man that doubted Midas but stayed loyal despite it. He walks forward, and Miraz's wife - widow, now - joins him, her and Miraz's child in her arms. Aslan wishes them a blessing and then sighs, the tree we'd all been all but ignoring shifting, the twisted trunk turning!

It revealed a hole in the trunk. It seemed see through, revealing only the blue, cloudless sky on the other side. Everyone is gasping and exclaiming, but the man and the wide walk forward.... until they disappear.

"How do we know he is not leading us to our death!" Someone shouts.

Aslan seems displeased.

Reep offers assistance, but Aslan looks to us, and I know what is coming.

Bad news.

"We'll go," Peter says firmly, walking forward unhesitatingly.

"We will?" Edmund asks, obviously put out.

"Come on. Our time is up," Peter explains simply. Though Vague, we all know what it means. "After all, were not really needed here anymore." Peter hands Caspian his sword and I smile. It's a heartwarming moment.

"I will look after it until you return," Caspian says firmly. I admire him for that strength.

"I'm afraid that's just it," Susan states, her tone not flat but low. Sad. I look at her, her pain coursing through me. Oh no... "We're not coming back." There's a pause as a pain sinks in. I cling to Ed's hand and he holds it just as hard in return.

"We're not?" Lucy asks, her tone broken. Poor Lu...

"You two are," Peter says gently, looking between Lucy and Edmund, returning to his siblings. "At least..." Peter steps back to Susan's side, looking at Aslan. "I think he means you two."

"But why? I'd they do something wrong?" Lucy asks, her heart obviously yearning for her older siblings.

"Quite the opposite, dear one," Aslan contradicts. "But everything has its time. Your brother and sister have learned what they can from this world. Now it's time for them to love their own." It's final now. No denying Aslan's words.

"It's alright, Lu," Peter comforts the upset younger girl, moving in front of her. Peter moves a lot it seems. "It's not how I thought it'd be, but it's alright. One day you'll see too. Come on."

"What about Ann?" Edmund speaks up. We had both been silent.

"She will go with you as well," Aslan says, then pauses. "If she wants to,"

"I don't know when they'll come back," I say softly. "But... will I return as well? One more time? I'm not ready to say goodbye forever..."

"And that is how you know you won't," Aslan states simply. I relax and nod. Peter grabs Lucy's hand and we all start moving to the tree as a group. We go the group of our friends to the side first. Trumpkin especially, for Lucy. Lucy hugs him and I smile. I see Caspian and Susan in the corner of my eyes and turn my head just in time to see her step away, pause, then turn back to -

Aw!

They kissed!

"I'm sure when I'm older I'll understand," Lucy says quietly.

"I'm older and I don't want to understand," Edmund jokes. Immediately his eyes go to me and Peter chuckles, nudging his younger brother.

"Smooth, Ed," he remarks jokingly.

Then Susan returns to us and we stand, side by side, hand in hand, and turn to the tree as a family. Slowly, we all walk through the tree begrudgingly and - Bam.

We're not in Narnia anymore.

I gasp.

E first thing I notice is the noise.

Next, the darkness.

Lastly, I notice something that makes my blood run cold.

I was not with Edmund.

I was not with any of them.

I was completely by myself, in an empty room, with nothing around me th I was familiar with.

Bloody hell here we go again.