Forgiveness and Telmarines

He jumped down and handed the sword to Peter who stood, looking shell shocked.

   Edmund blew past me and instantly, I was after him. We had a lot to talk about.

   "Edmund? Edmund!" I called. He skidded to halt and turned to look. His eyes shot wide when he saw me racing after him.

   "If I didn't hear you say my name, I would not believe you were talking to me," he sassed.

   I pursed my lips. "There is something I have to do, that is all." He seemed to lose spirit and nodded. I smiled and grabbed the back of his neck, bringing his lips to mine. He froze, stiff and shocked, but soon, he melted into me. He gripped my hip with his right hand and gently touched my face with his left. I pulled back a little.

   "That didn't happen. There's no way," he breathed heavily.

   "Well, if it didn't, then my business is still unfinished." And I kissed him again. He licked my bottom lip and I opened my mouth, letting him in. We were sixteen, but both significantly mentally older. This may have seemed strange to an onlooker who did not know our background, did not understand how old we really were, but it was not strange to us, and that's all that mattered. "Was that one real?" I asked.

   "Hm," he hummed. "I'm not quite sure..."

   I laughed and pecked him on the lips. "Don't push your luck, Ed."

   He leaned his head against mine and swayed a bit. I thought we were doing a small dance, but then he pushed me a bit and my back rested lightly against the wall as he stepped to the outside of my feet and wrapped his arms around my waist, putting the back his hands against he wall. "I love it when you say my name."

   "I love you," I said back.

   "Love is a silly word. Over used and weak in the face of the intensity of what I feel for you. AnnaMarie, I'm in love with you. You breath and I smile. You look at me and I melt. I lose you and I am nothing"

   I cling to him, and immediately I lost it. He smelled like before. Even after all this time, that did not change. I cling to him and breath him in and cry, and he holds me back. It is not a long pillow I pretend is him or a dream which makes me think it s him. It's HIM.

   "I can't ever be apart from you again," I said firmly.

   "I will never go anywhere without you. Not a war, not a hunting trip, not a horse ride, not a night slept. If you are not with me, I will not go," he responded.

   "You have such a way with words," I noted. "Not many get to see it."

  "Thank you, Love. I try." His breath tickled my neck as he talked and I smiled.

   "I missed you. I'll never be able to express how I missed you or the extent of the gaping hole you left when you were no longer next to me. If I tried, we'd be here for hours-weeks. But, simply, I missed you," I whispered into his chest. I did not expect him to hear it, but apparently he was listening.

   "I missed you too."

   I sighed and looked up at him. "We should really get back. They're going to be having a meeting and they'll also be waiting for us. My love, they'll be planning war. Miraz-"

   "Hate to break this reunion," someone said. We looked up, seeing Peter, smiling at us. "I really do. But, as usual, Ann's right. We're having a meeting and we need you, Ed." He looked at me. "And you. I couldn't make a decision without my best friend and smartest confidant."

   I smiled. "Welcome back, Peter. Even your cheesy cracks have returned."

   I pulled out of Ed's arms and pulled Peter into a hug. "Glad to be back," Peter responded.

   "You and Caspian talk?" I asked.

   "Not... verbally... But we're cool, I think. And we have a lot to do."

   "Okay." I pulled back and Edmund stepped up next to me. Ed took my hand and the three of us walked into the main part of the How, gathered together.

   "We have a problem," Caspian updates me and Ed. "Miraz is here and setting up camp. The army is right outside, in the woods, and they're significantly bigger than ours."

   I sighed, looking to Edmund. I gave advice, but I always let the Pevensies speak first. This tie, they all looked to me. This surprised me, but then I noticed that EVERYONE was looking at me. "Why are you all looking at me?" I asked.

   "Because of what you said earlier," Lucy said. "You lead these people for so long, and then some prince comes in-and then Peter returns-and immediately, you're nothing. It wasn't..."

   "You've done a lot for us," a minotaur speaks up. "I think you should have the first say. You are still our Queen. They may have been crowned, and he may be the true king of Narnia," he continued, first pointing to the Pevensies, then Caspian, "but you stayed. You helped us. If we have a ruler other than you, it will be because you give the crown to them."

   I smiled at everyone, looking around. Then I looked at Caspian. "What do you think?"

   "I think you'd be a great queen," Caspian said, smiling.

   I laughed. "No, what do you think about Miraz?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

  Caspian laughed too, blushing. Susan chuckled lightly and I saw them lock eyes for a second. I smiled between them as their eyes fell away and my cheeks hurt I was smiling so much. They wouldn't work out, but I absolutely loved them together... it hurt to love them, but it was impossible not to.

   "Well," Caspian began. "Miraz is king. As king, he has duties, expectations. Not only to the crown and his kingdom and the people he commands, but his subjects, too. I have an idea," he looked at me. "But I don't know if you'll like it."

   I sighed. "Let's see what you've got," I said. Caspian sighed as well and began explaining.