Clean Up

Telmarines slowly moved out of the water, stiff, obviously tired, and heavily defeated. There were piles of weapons, floating debris from the bridge and make, scattered all over. It was a mess. I was already itching to get it all cleared, burned, and disposed of. The water deserved to be clear, clean, and full of nothing but water life... and non life.

When I felt Ed nudge me, I looked over. He, his siblings, and Caspian were all walking over to where none other than Aslan stood. Knowing that the nudge had been my sign to follow him, I did, and the six of us stood before Aslan a moment, as if greeting an old friend, before respectfully getting down on one knee each, heads lowered and bowed.

It was quiet.

"Rise, Kings and Queens of Narnia," Aslan says finally, his tone gentle and his voice warm. My gaze, locked on the rocks underneath me, hardens, and I am only comforted as Ed stands up to one side of me that Caspian does not move. I know because he is on the side of me that Ed is not, and I am between them. Neither he or I move and I don't feel alone... Though I know that he is the rightful king now, and will be asked to stand as well. I feel it. As I have come to find that my intuition is rarely wrong, I know that if I feel it, it is probably right. It just makes sense, besides, that Caspian will take over. The Pevensies do not belong here and won't be here much longer. "All of you," Aslan adds even more gently, and Caspian pauses before standing, obviously shocked. I still do not move. "I believe I said, all of you," Aslan adds on as well. I look up, genuinely shocked, and as Aslan and my gazes lock on each other's, there is a moment, and then I stand.

My awareness is apparent but my stance is firm. For whatever reason, Aslan has found me worthy to be considered a Queen. It seems that the Narnians as a whole have been accepting of that idea, for a while now. Only now was I seeing why. Only now was I excepting why.

"I do not think I am ready," Caspian says suddenly, not looking at anyone in the eye.

"It is for that very reason I know you are," Aslan remarks smoothly. We all exchange looks, smiles. That is when they being Reep over and my eyes go wide, my smile dropping. Lucy gives him some of her liquid life from her special red pouch, kneeling by his side, and the mouse pops up, as fiery, thankful, and adorable as always. Aslan and Reep go back in forth in banter and through Aslan's chuckles, I can't help but smile myself.

We are all chuckling as Reep grows his tail back, still ever ranting on me on about how thankful he is.

"Now," Aslan announces. We all stand straight. "Where is this Dear Little Friend you have told me about?" My smile does not falter. It never does in Aslan's presence. I look to the side as Trumpkin drops the swords and the weapon collecting he'd been doing and slowly, nervously, walks over to us. His face is a face of complete fear, and I smirk. I didn't like that he was afraid, but I knew that he had doubted Aslan. I was rather hilarious, really.

The small man knelt down before the Great Lion and Aslan smiles, before opening his jaws wide and letting out another Earth shaking roar, making Trumpkin's small frame shake like he was in an Earthquake. "Can you see him now?" Lucy asks sassily. We all chuckle.

And so everything is quite perfect and content, once again.

After the days begins ending and everything is sorted out, we all start retiring to the Castle to celebrate the victory. We needed to get cleaned up and changed. Edmund and I are the only ones to head to the same room together, inside, we have a long talk.

Updates on what's been going on.

Some hobbies he's been getting into.

What I've been doing to pass the long centuries alone.

What he's been doing to keep Peter's back back in London.

He tells me more of London as well, and I demand the most time there, asks for every teeny tiny little detail he'll divulge to me. And he does. He tells me a lot. Anything to keep me talking, laughing, and smiling, he'd do it. I know be abuse he told me.

After we bathe and begin getting dressed, K ask him to help me with he back parts of the dress. I haven't worn a proper, nice dress since the Times Of Old, and when I step away from Ed, his eyes run all over me, drinking me in.

"How did a woman like you ever fall for an annoying brat like me?" Ed asked quietly, pulling me close. Our foreheads touch gently and I sigh, happy. Really happy.

"Your secret smile," I tell him. I'd told him this many times before he left, but it had been so long since then, I felt like the explanation was a new concept. "It is what kept me going. After seeing you so low, dark, and grouchy, I was drawn with the rawness behind the smile. I saw the potential behind the mask, as Aslan explained one time or another... Even now, looking back, I wouldn't have had if any other way."

"Couldn't you imagine what life would have been like if you'd ended up with Peter, though?" Ed asked very seriously. Oh Edmund...

"I don't love Pete as anything other than a brother, Ed. I love you."

"Yes but what if you DID love Peter? He's High King. I know he was expected an heir but is that the only reason you chose me...?" He looked so vulnerable, it broke my heart.

"Peter is a hero," I tell him. "He's bold and gets cocky sometimes. We wouldn't have meshed well. I chose you because I knew there was a part of you that was as secret as that smile that you hold oh so closely to you. Something as beautiful and alluring and perfect for me. I didn't fall in love with Peter because I don't have a thing for people so directly in the spotlight. He's a cheesy hero. Upfront, in your face, and out there. Like... He just seems so deviously handsome, so charming, so perfect... it made me feel bad about myself. But you? You could be quiet romantic, even though your looks were stunning, you hid yourself. You're not as charming because you're more reserved. Peter is far too flirty and falls too easily too quickly. You though..." I kissed him.

He smiled. "I love you too."

We go to bed that night, together, snuggled up and comfy. Tomorrow, we celebrate. For real.