Chapter 1

Winter's POV-

I have dealt with my father once again because of my sister. I guess she wasn't answering any of his calls, and I wouldn't blame her. Everything that I'm dealing with; My family, the company, the general and to make it better, the war. However, I must keep my feelings aside, it is safe for everyone if they didn't know. Or better than that, why would they care?

I got a call from General Ironwood, and said there is a mandatory meeting over at Beacon. I suit up with my sword and uniform and headed to the my ship. As I glide through Vale, everything seems...different. However I focus on the meeting as I see my sister, Wiess dueling with another team. I shake my head, looking away at the shameful fight.

'This is going to be a long ride'

Qrow POV-

Drinking again, I have already lost count on how many drinks. I took a shot of whiskey and put the glass down. "Sorry sir, there isn't any left," I sigh and looked at the battles, I see my nieces and their teammates fight. Not to shabby, but they can do better. When the battle ended, team RWBY won.

"What do you think of that team, they were awesome," the bartender said, cleaning the glasses.

"They could have done better," I said swirling the glass full of ice remaining. The bartender sighs and goes back to the games. Another group was fighting who were attending beacon. I didn't pay much attention to them, though that one with blue hair has issues with water, but they were decent.

"What do you think about them? They're pretty cool," the bartender said again.

I roll my eyes, "Eh,"

"Come on, what fight are you here for?" the bartender asks impatiently. A ship soared to the side of beacon.

"That fight," I look over at the ship. I get up and felt dizzy, "Woah..." I put down the money and waved bye to him.

'Time to say hi to the Ice Queen,'

Winter's Pov-

I arrived at beacon, my ship lowering down to the ground. I exited out of the ship while the soldiers are escorting me. I walk down the ship and hear someone call my name.

"Winter!"

I turn around and see my little sister. "Winter, I'm so glad to see you- I mean, your presence honors us." She curtsies. "So what brings where?"

"Classified,"

"I see, well, how long will you be staying,"

"Classified," I look at the soldiers around us. "Leave us," they took a step back.

"How are you Wiess?" she babbles on and on how she is top ranking in her classes. She introduced her leader and friend, Ruby. I asked Wiess if I can approve her quarters, worrying about the 'bunk beds'. We both made our way to her quarters until I hear a metal clank.

We both turned around, I glared at the figure, Qrow. "Hey, you, yeah, I'm talking to you Ice Queen," he throws the dismantled body on the ground.

My sister walks up to him, "Excuse me, do you even know who you're talking to," he grabs her head shushing her.

"Not you," he pushes her aside, and looks at me "You,"

"I don't have time for your games, Qrow," I glared at him.

"Oh you think you Atlas people are so special,"

"Its in the title,"

"You know who you guys are, a bunch of sell outs like your boss."

I clenched my jaw, "I don't know what you're implying, but enough is enough." My sister tugs on my sleeve, "Winter, what's gong on?" I push her back. "Its time for you to leave,"

"Listen to your sister Wiess, she will protect you, just like Atlas is going to protect all of us,"

"If you can't hold your tongue, then I will gladly remove it for you," I yield my sword out to him.

"Alright then," he puts his hand through his hair, "Come and take it,"

I then lunged forward attacking him, the brawl has begun.

Qrow pov-

We are both attacking, almost destroying everything in the courtyard. Something's wrong with Winter, she's tense, she's fighting using the anger she has. Her eyes they are not filled with determination, but anger and hatred. Something's up.

We both stop and she activates her semblance, I start my sythe transformation. I look behind Winter and see the one and only Ironwood walking to us. I stop my sythe transformation, Winter was surprised. I taunted her to attack, she lunges forward then hears her name.

"Winter!"

Winter stops and looks over, she then stands in military stance, "General Ironwood, sir," she said.

"What are you doing?" Ironwood commanded.

"Qrow started the altercation,"

"That's not true, she attacked first," I interrupted. Ironwood looked at Winter, she looked down.

Ironwood looked at me, "Why are you here?"

"Now Now," Ozpin said. As he calmed down the crowd, I looked at Winter. She's stressed, she is losing a bit of her composure. Now the only thing I see in her eyes are pain, like someone is beating her up.

After the crowd cleared up, Winter and Ironwood gone their way to the office while I had to deal with Ozpin's lecture.

Winter's pov-

I walked back and forth, waiting for Ozpin, Gynda, and Qrow. 'Why did he attack? What was he trying to do?' The doors opened and they came out, including Qrow. "What were you thinking?!"

The argument went on and on, until Qrow said, "Who invited her?" I look down and the general said, "Winter, dismiss, we will talk about this tomorrow,"

My eyes went wide, "Sir, you said that this was mandatory, you asked me here, now you are going to dismiss me?" I said trying to have a calm tone.

"I'm not going to, I'm commanding you to dismiss," Ironwood said sternly.

I nodded my head and saluted. I turned around and headed to the elevator door. 'I guess I get to spend time with my sister' I thought to myself as I made my way.

Qrow Pov-
There has gotta be something up with Winter, she doesn't talk back to Ironwood. Ever. I need to talk to her once this meeting is over.

*I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter!!! I will be posting frequently now that my testing is done and almost summer vacation. See you in the next chapter!*