Chapter 8

Winter's POV

I sigh at the battle, my sister had sacrificed her teammate to win. I can't say that I'm mad at her, I'm actually glad that she was willing to sacrifice that much for her friend. It just proves that she is willing to put her comrades first. 

It made me smile. 

I felt someone looking at the side of me and that's when I saw Qrow, giving me that smug smirk. "What are you giving me that look?" I asked him, leaning to the opposite side of him. 

"I don't know Winter, maybe because I assumed that you never smiled." He remarked. 

"And why would you think that?" I retorted. 

"Maybe because the label 'ice queen' I would think you would have an ice cold heart,"

Ouch

"Or probably no heart," 

Double ouch...in the heart

 I scoffed as I turned away, "Nice know," I get up and started to walk pass the seats to exit. 

Qrow was calling my name from behind, I didn't look back. Tears were starting to build up,

Why am I crying?

"Winter, wait up!" Qrow yelled as he tried to catch up.

Crap! Not only am I crying, he's going to see my face! And on top of that, people are looking!

The crowd were looking at us, feeling anxiety swell up in my stomach like I was going to explode. I run  out of the stadium, still hearing Qrow call my name from behind, "Winter wait! I'm-" 

A tear slipped, rolling down my cheek as I quickly wiped it off. I ducked my head down as I got outside, then felt a wave of air pass me. I looked up and ended up running into him, his eyes widen as he saw me. 

Another tear slipped as my stomach began to turn, making me sick. 

"Winter..." Qrow said softly. 

I turn away from him as I side-stepped, "G-go away," I stuttered, my voice breaking a little. 

He side-stepped, stopping me as he held my arms, "Winter I didn't mean-" 

"But you did!" I yelled as I kept my head down. More tears ran down my cheeks as they dripped to the ground. "If you didn't mean it, then you wouldn't have said it!" 

"I didn't mean to hurt you," Qrow said softly, keeping it calm. "I only meant it as a joke-" 

"It wasn't a joke Qrow," I spat. "You think everything is a joke!" 

"Winter-"

"You think the fight is a joke, your mission was a joke," I continued, tears kept of dripping down my chin. 

"But-"

"Since you think that everyone is a joke, you make my feelings like a joke-"

"WINTER!" He yelled as he gripped my arms, causing me to stop. 

I kept my head down and ignored his gaze, he was breathing heavily then sighed. 

"Winter look-" 

"No," I interrupted him. 

"Please Winter," he pleaded, his tone was quiet and calm. "Look at me and let me explain." 

I gave in and slowly lifted my head to look at him, my cheeks puffed red as my face was marked with tear stains. He looked at me, taken back as his expression was sorrowful, "Winter...." he said softly, almost to a whisper.