Chapter 9

Qrow's POV

Eventually, I fell asleep next to her. Winter was already asleep as I became tired so, why the heck not?

It was already midnight so I tucked her in. I thought it would be best if I should leave, but as I was about to, she grabbed my hand.

She kept murmuring "Safer" "please" "warm". Two out of the three I was already interested. I chuckled, slipping in the blankets, but keeping a good distance from her.

Her calm, tired figure laying beside me...I had to contain myself. Her peaceful expression again was hard to take in. Yes, she could be hot-headed, but at times she could be so calm, quiet and collected.

As I got lost in my own thoughts, she nuzzled close to my warmth. I looked at her in surprise, her arms wrapped above my torso as she rested her delicate face on my chest.

I held her and already she was cold. I pouted, how the heck does she get cold? Is it a Schnee thing? I'll probably ask Ruby.

Embracing her in my arms, she suddenly smiled in her sleep. I smiled as well.

Yawning softly, I sighed. "Goodnight, Winter,"

I let the darkness consume my reality.

Winter's POV

As a ray of sunlight hit my face, I fluttered my eyes open. Taking my time to see where I was, I was in my dorm...in my bed...with Qrow again?!

I mentally sighed, this needs to stop happening.

I turned to him and already has his face near mine. I blushed as I tried to get out of his grip.

"Mmmm...Raven....stop bugging me...go bug Tai...I'm sure he would like that..." he smirks in his sleep.

'I need to get out of here' I thought then I looked at him.

There was no scent of alcohol...weird. He had a calm expression on his face and the way he had a safe grip on me...I have never felt safer then ever before in my life...

At the same time, I want to get out but...I don't.

I sigh and looked at him, eyes certainly shut from seeing his crimson eyes, messy bed head already, and his lips....

How his lips were inches near mine, I can still feel his warm breathe hit my own. I looked at him then his lips, now I started to debate with myself.

'Should I? He already knows...no i can't! I cannot give in! But...he is asleep, so maybe he would feel it? Ah! Of course he will feel it! Ugh why—?"

"Are you going to kiss me or what?"

I get out of my thoughts and looked at his tired expression. "Y-you're awake?!"

"I've been awake, I was trying to get back to it," he yawns and looks at me, chuckling. "Nice bed head,"

I blushed and touched my hair, he...had braided it, but my bangs went all over the place, covering my face. "I could say the same to you!" I pout.

He smiles and moves his hair back, showing his face and his infamous smirk. With one hand he moved my bangs aside from my face. "It's cute,"

I blushed and looked away, "W-why did you sleep in my bed again?"

"Hey, I was going to leave until you pulled me into it,"

Surprised, I looked at him, "What do you mean?"

He sighs and looks away, "You were scared, and cold to say the least. By the way, why are you cold?" He asks.

Winter shrugs, "I don't know if it's because of my semblance, but I just am..." she shakes her head. "But to the point please,"

He chuckles as he nods, "All make note of that, anyway, I had no choice but to get in bed with you, you hugged me close for warmth, I hugged back and made sure you didn't fall off the bed."

I took all of that in and tried not to exaggerate, "You didn't do anything other than that?" I asked him hesitantly.

He looked at me over and came close, "There was a lot I wanted to do...but I didn't." He smirks. "As I said from last night...either you show your feelings...or I'll show mine~"

I trembled from his words, "H-how long until-?"

"At the end of festival, then you either show it now or at the date or else," he brushes his thumb over her blushed cheeks "I won't hold back to mine,"

'Who does he think he is?! Talking to not only a woman, but a Schnee?! How dare he—?!' I was only interrupted by the look in his eyes.

He wasn't playing around, he was being serious...how did he look through what was going on?

Qrow cracked a smiles and stood up from the bed. "I'll let you think about that, if you need me, I'll be at the bar." He said as he got his sword and waves off.

I sigh and sat up, "This will be a long day,"

*Timeskip to afternoon*

It was one of the last days for the Vytal Festival, I believe Yang and that Mercury man is fighting although...something tells me that it will be an interesting fight.

Again, checking all stock and surplus to see everything is in check. I give the pilot the approval as they took off.

I sighed in relief, there was one plane that only had a white fang member jump out of nowhere...how strange?

Shaking my head of all thoughts, I decided to spend time with the girls for lunch. It would be nice to know more about my sisters...comrades.

Grabbing my equipment and sighing from this work I went back to my dorm.

Walking back, I started to get tired, even my sword was heavy for me. Once I got in I was able to set down my sword and take off my uniform in only my white t shirt and shorts. I collapsed on the bed.

"Just a few minutes till it's over..." I sigh, falling into the darkness of slumber.

"Looks like you had a rough day,"

Winter jolted up and ached because of her body. "You could have at least warn me you were still here...don't you have a bar to drink at...?" I threw the pillow at the old Qrow

Qrow chuckles, "My flask is full and I don't want to spend my money all in one place," he caught the pillow and threw it back to me.

I didn't bother with it and groaned.

Looking up to him I blushed and hid my face, "P-put some clothes on!"

Qrow, standing there shirtless in my dorm...why?

I feel his hand hold the pillow as he tugs it down, "And why would I do that, I have pants on. You should thank me~"

Winter rolls her eyes and lays down on the bed, her back facing him. "I would thank you f you had a shirt on,"

"No you wouldn't,"

I blush harder and didn't answer, in return he chuckled. "Told you,"

I sigh and rested on my pillow, taking a (somewhat) peaceful nap.

Hey guys~! It's meh and thank you for bearing with me, sorry about the delays and I hope you liked the chapter.

Comment on what you think!

~B