Chapter 3

"Wait, Mel, what's going on?"

"I've just had it. Your time with Marinette is a little bit too much,, and I think that you two just have to be stopped."

Marinette shook her head and walked up to Melodie, or in this case, Butterfly, "Mel, what makes you think that this'll be better for Paris?"

"Oh, I know it'll be better for Paris, and for me too."

"But what are you going to do about it?" Nino stepped up.

"Yeah, this is Ladybug and Cat Noir you're talking to." Alya gestured to the two of them.

"Simple. I've already taken care of that." Butterfly scoffed, "I want you to meet a friend of mine."

She gestured up to one of the buildings, and as soon as they all looked in that direction, they saw a shadow standing against the sun's rays. The figure jumped up, then landed right in front of them. People around were gasping and taking videos.

"What the... Mel, who is this?" Adrien asked as he, Marinette, Nino, and Alya were backing up a little.

"This is my friend from Orléans, and he has something that I'm sure you never even knew existed."

The figure slowly looked up at the group and stood up slowly. He was wearing a black-purple cloak with a matching hat. He clutched a staff with a star at the end.

Marinette turned to Alya and Nino, "you guys might want to get out of here."

"No one goes anywhere." The figure said, his voice low and menacing. He lifted his staff, and held it high in the air. His dark eyes twinkled, and the staff emitted dark waves that surrounded him, butterfly, Marinette, and Adrien in a dark dome.

"Marinette!" Adrien called as he grabbed her hand.

"We need to transform." Marinette told him, and he nodded.

"Too late. You two go nowhere!" Butterfly shouted as she immediately jumped out of the dome.

Marinette and Adrien looked at each other weirdly as this witch boy walked up to them with his hand outstretched. He looked at both of them, took a few steps back, held out his hand, and the two saw the glowing star symbol on his palm. It glowed, and just with the flick of his wrist, the dome caved in on the two, and engulfed them in darkness.

"Gah! Adrien?!" Marinette called as she squeezed his hand.

"Marinette!" Adrien called as he tried to keep hold of her hand, but then the darkness somehow separated them, and they lost each other in the shadows.

Marinette started panicking and looking around. The dome had completely engulfed herself in her mind, filled with darkness. She had no idea what was happening in the 'real world', but she immediately knew she was sucked into a world of endless darkness.

"Adrien!!" Marinette shouted, "Tikki? Tikki?!" Marinette checked her purse, and Tikki flew out.

"What happened, Marinette?" Tikki looked around in confusion, "where are we, and how did we get here?"

"I have no clue. All I know is that we have to get out of here."

"So that was Melodie? Is she evil, too?"

"Sadly, I think she might be..." Marinette sighed as she turned to Tikki, "okay Tikki. Spots on!"

Tikki flew into her earrings and turned her into Ladybug, complete with her black and red skin-tight suit, mask, and Magic yoyo.

"Okay. Let's see what we can do." Ladybug said as she clutched her yoyo. She started spinning her yoyo rapidly, then slowly and little by little lowering it to the ground, to see if she could break through the ground. But it just bounced off. She took her yoyo again, then threw it as far as she could to see how far the darkness went. It kept flying far, and it never seemed to hit anything. So she just pulled the string and grabbing her yoyo again.

"Okay then..." Ladybug thought hard, but couldn't come up with any other alternatives, "lucky charm!"

Ladybug threw her yoyo up in the air, where it spun for a few seconds, then an alarm clock showed up. She caught it and examined it.

"Ooookay then...." Ladybug thought hard as to what she was going to do, then she finally knew what to do. She wound the clock and set the alarm. In just a few seconds, the alarm went off, and it blasted through the darkness, making the ground shake. Ladybug crouched down covering her ears from the blasting alarm, which continued to blast louder and faster, and before she knew it, she woke up in a hospital bed. She was sweating and almost fallen off the bed. She straightened herself and wiped her forehead.

What had that witch kid done? Marinette thought as she looked around the room. To her right, her purse sat with Tikki sitting next to it.

"Marinette! Are you okay?" Tikki flew up to her and hugged her shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." Marinette croaked, her voice sounded hoarse. She tried to clear her throat as she sat up a little.

"You were thrashing right before you woke up." Tikki said.

"Oh..." Marinette scratched the back of her neck.

"Marinette!"

Marinette turned to the door to see Alya walk in.

"Alya!" Marinette said, still sounding hoarse, "where's Adrien?"

"He's..." Alya turned to Tikki, who nodded, "they couldn't find him. After what happened to Butterfly and that boy last month."

"Wait, did you say 'last month'?"

"Oh yeah, you didn't know?"

"I just woke up."

"I thought Tikki would've told you." Alya walked up closer to Marinette, "girl, you were unconscious.... You were in your coma for one whole month...."