Chapter 17

"Flight 15A has been delayed until tomorrow morning at 5:30. We apologize for the inconvenience."

"Again? Come on!!"

"Hey, at least we have more time here."

"Oh please, you're starting to sound like your clone..."

"That's a bit concerning. Are you sure you're the real thing?"

Marinette laughed, "yes, I assure you, I'm the real thing."

Adrien crossed his arms as his cheeks tinted pink, "well I'm just taking precautions... We can never know, anymore..."

Tikki and Plagg chuckled as they flew ahead of the couple, "hey, uh, we're gonna go find someplace to get some food here at this airport."

"Okay." Marinette sighed, "I guess I'm getting a little hungry, too. Come back when you find something."

The Kwamis nodded and left without another word.

"So, uh..." Adrien pursed his lips, "are we going to address the elephant in the room?"

Marinette looked around, "we should... Find a more private place to talk."

"Yeah, sure."

The two found a small waiting area that was left vacant, as by that time, most everyone was already gone and the stores and restaurants were already near closing time.

"Are you..." Marinette took Adrien's hand, "are you sure you're okay? About Mel and your father?"

Adrien didn't answer. He only squeezed Marinette's hand harder and shut his eyes.

"I'll stay with you when you go tell your mom. I know that's going to be hard, too."

"Thanks." He smiled and looked at her, wrapping his arm around her, "I'm relieved you're safe. I really got scared back there."

"I know. This was a pretty... Emotionally scarring adventure." Marinette smiled sadly, "but it's thanks to Clair that we're alive today, huh?"

"Even after you told me about his backstory... I still don't completely understand that guy."

"I guess he was seriously misread. That's such an awful thing for someone his age, and now... All this happened."

"Let's not talk about it." Adrien looked at her, "at least not until we get back home."

"Yeah." Marinette leaned her head against Adrien's shoulder, "let's promise not to get separated ever again. Yeah?"

Adrien smiled with a nod and kissed her head, "yeah. Promise."

The next morning, we finally got on a flight back to Paris. Breaking the news of Mel's death and Father's imprisonment in the United States was probably one of the hardest things for me. Not only did I have to lose my sister again, but I also had to lose her forever. We went to her funeral even despite everything she'd done to us. News spread around about Gabriel Agreste being held in an American prison as well as Ladybug and Cat Noir's appearance in New York to detain him and his "accomplice", but there was nothing about Clair Raven or Star Raven, even. He really wasn't anyone to anyone in New York. Just your friendly neighborhood info-broker, I guess. But after everything, good and bad, he's done to me and Marinette, I highly doubt we'll be forgetting him anytime soon.

"Adrien." Melanie poked her head into her son's room about a year later, "your friends are here to see you."

"Alright." Adrien stood up and left his room, thanking his mother on the way out, and leaving the house to greet Nino, Alya, and Marinette.

"Dude! About time!" Nino laughed, "it's almost as if you didn't want to see us!"

"Come on, Nino. It's my last week with you guys. Why wouldn't I want to see you guys?" Adrien smiled as he slung his arm over his best friend's shoulders.

"I don't know, maybe..." Alya smirked, "you're just jealous I'm going to the same college as him."

"Well, you know." Adrien countered as his other arm wrapped around Marinette, drawing her closer to him, "I'm kidnapping your best friend and taking her back to New York with me to study fashion design."

"Haha! Of course. You take good care of her, though, you hear?" Alya chuckled as she wrapped her arm around Nino and gave Marinette a fist bump, "Girl, you be good."

"Same to you, Alya." Marinette laughed, "we'll stay in touch, of course."

"Man, it'll be different. Paris' heroes are leaving to become America's heroes." Alya let out a heavy sigh, "I guess it was bound to happen. We can't keep you guys here forever."

"Nope." Marinette smiled, "but the cat and bug team is sticking together, no matter where we go."

"Heh." Adrien looked at her, "bug and cat team."

"Mm, I like the other better." Marinette smiled as she gave Adrien a quick peck on the lips.

I guess our lives went somewhat back to normal after that. We grew up, went to college, and became successful adults. We didn't completely forget about our superhero lives. We went out occasionally as Ladybug and Cat Noir, but other than minor crimes, there were no large-scale attacks. Despite the now-normalness of our current lives, we never forgot everything that happened those years back in this very city we find ourselves in now. And just like we said before, we'd never forget.

We'd never forget Clair or Melodie and everything we four went through back then.

And now, to join them in our memories, is our former lives as Paris' superheroes,

Ladybug and Cat Noir,

The bug and cat team.

That memory will live on forever with the memory of them

As Marinette and I move forward in life together.