[Chapter Zero]

Prologue

After two years here, I have finally finished my associates degree and I can get the hell out of here. After working countless hours and as many as I could get while still maintaining my grades, I have enough money saved up in the bank to move to New York and just start fresh.

I don't know what I want to do with my life yet, and I don't have a job for when I get over there, but I have enough saved up for the first few month's rent and enough to rent a U-Haul for the basics I need and drive over there.

It may not be much of a plan but it's enough of one for me. Anything is better than this town. The state is beautiful and I would miss it and my family, but not enough for it to make me stay.

As soon as I got home after my finals were finished I started looking for apartments and applying for jobs over in New York.

Two days later the search was going alright, I had a few apartments lined up to look at but the job may just be something I had to find over there.

I wasn't discouraged yet and had already got everything that wasn't a necessity packed up and ready to go. It wasn't a matter of if I was going, it was when. The only thing that hurt was seeing my mom so sad for me to go. But she was encouraging me to go and in my heart I think that it won't be long until she moves over to the East Coast herself.

The divorce was hard on here and although she has her boyfriend now, I think she just needs to get away and start new too.

I was looking up more possibly apartments when there was a ding on my computer, I pulled up Facebook and there was an instant message flashing at me.

My eyebrows furrowed when I read the name, Aiden Holland. Now that's a name I hadn't heard in a while, I didn't even know I still had him added on here, I hadn't talked to him since he left about two years ago.

I shrugged and pulled up the message

Aiden: If you haven't found a place yet, I have a room free in my apartment.

Chelsie: Why offer it to me?

Aiden: Honestly? I need a roommate and if you move in it saves me from having to find a stranger to move into my apartment.

Chelsie: So I'm just a means to an end?

Aiden: Of course :) the way I see it it's a win, win for both of us. You would pay only 550 a month total since you would have the smaller room, you wouldn't be living alone or with a stranger, it's a nice apartment, and I don't have to find someone else, nor live with a stranger and I need the money. So what do you say?

The offer did sound pretty appealing and I knew that Aiden was a good guy that I could trust.

                Chelsie: What happened to your old roommate?

                Aiden: She was Emily's friend.. moved out to get an apartment with her when she left me.

I didn't know they were done. They've been together since sophomore year of high school, they seemed pretty solid, I wonder what happened. But then again it was none of my business.

                Chelsie: Deal, when can I move in?

                Aiden: Whenever you can get here

It was Friday, graduation was tomorrow.

                Chelsie: How does Friday sound?

                Aiden: Great, I'll see you then.

So that was that, I would be in New York in one week. I was really going.

When my mom got home that night I went and told her, she cried and so did I, but we both knew it was what was best for me. she didn't want me held back here. My sister was already on the East Coast, just a couple hours from me, and I really hoped my mom would follow soon. Her boyfriend's always wanted to live in Boston and she could just transfer anywhere.

The next couple days flew by and Monday I packed up the rest of my things in the back of the U-Haul and said a very emotional goodbye to my mother and headed off. I was going to drive as long as I could and stop only when I need to eat or sleep.

The drive only took me three days, and I was there Thursday night instead of Friday afternoon, Aiden gave me the address and I had just pulled in. I was nervous about this. I was nearly 3000 miles away from home and ready to start my new adventure in life. I was 21, barely able to drink, and in the city.

I called him letting him know I was there and he came down, we exchanged hello's and then he helped me move everything upstairs into my room. I brought my bed, dresser, shelves, pictures, clothes, shoes, and pretty much everything I owned.

The bed was the thing that killed my mom the most, she already told me she was probably going to go buy another one to make it like a room again in there. Since my sister moved two years ago she's alone in the apartment. I tried to push it away, I didn't want to cry in front of him.

When everything was moved up my room was a mess. I stood in the middle of it and wondered how I was only paying 550 a month. This place was huge and very nice, probably cost at least three thousand a month, at least. I had my own bathroom and walk in closet and the room was bigger than mine at home.

"How am I only paying 550?" I voiced my thoughts

"That's all I need a month, I pay the rest." My eyes widened, how did he have that much money?

"Alright then." I said and we stood there looking at each other awkwardly.

There used to be a time when I wouldn't hesitate to mess with him and joke around, when we would talk and conversation was easy. But that time was three years ago and a lot has changed since then.

"Well welcome home" he told me and I bit my lip and looked down trying to hold in the tears. That's right. This was home now. Not back with my mom, not where I grew up. This apartment three thousand miles away, with someone I barely know anymore and where I know no one around me. That's home.

"Thanks" I whispered and looked back up when I felt I could hold them in

"It gets easier" he said and gave me a reassuring smile

"Does it?" I wasn't so sure

"Yes. It does and you can always visit home. Skype, call, Facebook. You're not alone and if you need anything just let me know. Kitchen's stocked and I can always help you rearrange your room, feel free to paint, anything."

"Thanks, but could you follow me to turn in the U-Haul and then I would love to sleep"

"Of course"

I did just that and made my bed in a hurry and collapsed in it. I missed a bed and I missed a roof over my head, but mostly I missed my mom.

I called her to let her know I was safe and talked to her about an hour, we laughed, we cried. And we hung up and I called my sister. It cheered me up a bit knowing she was over here too and it made me feel a lot less alone.

And when all my calls were made I laid in bed and let out the emotions I've been holding in since I got here and the ones I was too afraid to express to my mom and sister.

And now that is all out of the way i can really start my story. this is an erotic story, yes. but there is also more to it than that. well a bit ;) so be patient and the pervy stuff will come :)