-[Chapter Fifty-One]-

Chapter Fifty-One

I sat there and stared at it before I grabbed my keys and got back into my car to head back over to his apartment. How dare he buy my anything when he was cheating on me, how dare he give it to me and how dare he sit there and kiss me and tell me he loved me!

When I got to the complex I parked and then before I went in I grabbed my phone and looked through all the texts and listened to the voice mails I had been ignoring, before we had this show down I had to know what he had said these past two weeks.

He talked about how sorry he was, how he missed me, how he couldn't sleep without me. He begged me to call him back and let him explain and what surprised me was that as I got closer to today's date, they didn't let up.

He never gave up or got angry; he just wanted me to come home to him. Even the one from this morning was his sleepy voice asking me to call him or come over and talk to him before I just packed my stuff and moved out of his life, how he loved me and needed me.

I was angry when I came over but now I was just confused and didn't know what I was feeling anymore. I closed my eyes, counted to ten and took a deep breath before walking up to the apartment.

I should have listened earlier but now I just wanted to know what the fuck was going on in his head right now, I needed to know because I wasn't a hundred percent sure I could just walk out of his life right now and I needed to hear what he had to say before I did it.

This morning I had every intention of walking away but his gift and how he said he forgave me for sleeping with Jake, actually it's mostly because he forgave me for sleeping with him that I was here thinking about working it out with him.

I opened the door and he was sitting on the couch in the dark with the light of the TV to show me he was drinking a beer.

"Why are you here?" he asked emotionless

"What is this?" I threw the box at him and he flinched slightly when it hit his chest. He held it in his hands and shrugged

"It's a gift, keep it." he set it beside him

"Why give it to me, we aren't together!" I asked frustrated and I wasn't calm anymore, I didn't know what I was feeling anymore. Did I love him, did I hate him? I don't fucking know!

"Jesus Chelsie, I bought the damn thing for you and I can't give it to anyone else and I can't return it and I don't want to. Keep it or pawn it since this relationship means nothing to you obviously. I kissed her and I admitted that, I never tried to hide it and no matter what you think, I was going to fucking tell you. Do you know how hard it was for you to tell me that you fucked another guy less than a day after we broke up?" he got up and was pacing

"I knew you couldn't let it go." And honestly, I didn't expect him to.

"That's the thing, I will let it go, I'll forgive you and I won't bring it up again because I know I messed up too and I fucking love you! I love you enough to work this out. I love you enough to fucking buy you this!" he grabbed the box and waved it in the air

"Why did you pull her into your lap if it meant nothing?" I asked

"Emily is familiar and I wanted to be sure that those feelings were gone. She kissed me again after you left and tried to sleep with me and I made her leave."

"Have you been hooking up with her?" I asked and he gave me a flat look

"Of course not, that was the one time and I regret it but it was a kiss Chelsie, nothing more. Do you even love me, really love me?" he asked and I nodded