9. December

On the ninth day of Christmas, Mr Jack Frost gave to me,
- Nine naughty curses
- Eight somewhat truths
- Seven lovely inches
- Six sexy sounds
- Five crazy words
- Four dirty smirks
- Three subtle hints
- Two tiny smiles,
- And a big shocker to my panties...

"So; Is it getting hot between you and Frost?" Bev grinned smugly at her as her and Summer worked on opening up the shop for the day. Summer had baked some fresh gingerbread treats for the lovely, but cold Friday.

"How long have you been wanting to say that?" She queried, giving her friend a deadpan look.

Bev grinned widely. "Ever since he called you that day." When Summer rolled her eyes, she let out a humored chuckle. "Sooo? Is it?"

Summer fiddled with the bag of fresh coffee beans, struggling to open it. How much should she tell her friend? "We are... trying something out."

"That sounds ominous," Bev responded. "You mean like chains and whips?"

Summer's eyes widened in horror. "No! God no, not even close!" Bev laughed at her flustered expression which made Summer scold her way. "I meant that Jack is... I think he wants to cheer me up this winter. Don't ask me why."

"Maybe he can tell that you're... lonely."

Summer blinked and looked at her friend. Was she that obvious? Was it written across her face or did everyone just know? Ever since her parents' demise, she hadn't dared to venture into any sort of relationship. The only relationship that had survived her yearlong winter-depression was Bev. And that was perhaps only because they worked together every day.

"I think it's good, you know," Bev continued when Summer didn't speak. She smiled gently at her and took the coffee beans from her hands. "You opening up again, even if it's just for one winter. It's a start. I just don't want to see you get hurt."

Summer looked down, feeling the uncomfortable throb in her heart at the mention of getting hurt. Especially at Christmas. She had protected herself from getting hurt for so long, she didn't want to feel it ever again. That, in a nutshell, was why she had closed herself off. "Me neither."

Bev smiled a little, but then split it into a wide grin as she opened the bag of coffee beans. "So! Details; Have you have sex yet? If so, how big was his frosty icicle?"

Now Summer had to groan. "Oh God, don't ever call it that again. I'm not telling you. Let's just get through work."

"Come one! Just give me something! Did he spank you with his cane?"

"Bev!"

~~~

It was nearing closing time, and like always, Bev had left a little earlier. Summer didn't mind though, it was quite within her rights after the mornings she had been late herself. Plus, closing down the shop gave her some time to herself. Or so she thought.

The doorbell chimed, and as always, Summer felt the chill go up her spine before she turned and looked at him. Jack came walking in, brushing off a few snowflakes from the top of his silver hair. When their eyes met, he smiled brightly. "Hey."