25. December

As Summer woke on that beautiful December 25th—Christmas morning—both warmness and sadness spread within her.

Warmness, like a kind she had never known before; Warmness by waking up and looking out, seeing the soft, but brightly sparkling winter landscape outside her window, seeing the trees glistening with frost and the sun's gentle rays bathe everything in a golden light. The air looked cold, but the sky was a soft, yellow-bluish hue with dots of pink here and there. It was so silent, so beautiful.

And wrapped up against her, having curled up to her body in the middle of the night, she felt the warmth of Jack Frost cuddling her, his thumb gently caressing a sweet spot on her arm, letting her know he was awake as well. They watched in silence the morning before them; the gorgeous, last morning they would spent together.

And that's where the sadness stemmed. Summer felt physical pain in her chest by the thought of Jack leaving her today. It was selfish of her to want him to stay, to wish that he could be here with her all year long, yet she did. But alas, the spirit of winter moved like the seasons and the sun; He had to move on to other places, had to follow the cold and bring on the snow.

And Summer suspected that that was why he squeezed her extra tightly that morning; Because he knew that soon, he would no longer be as warm as he was now, but would be chasing the everlasting cold.

But for now... for now they kept warm.

The silence between them continued for another moment, but then, as a little bird begun chirping outside, Jack pressed a small kiss to the spot behind her ear and softly spoke; "Do you like it?"

A little smile lifted to Summer's lips, because she knew he only asked because he worked hard on it last night to make it perfect for this Christmas morning. "It's beautiful. So beautiful, Jack."

"Merry Christmas, Summer." She felt his lips against her neck again, pressing a delicate kiss to her vein.

"Merry Christmas, Jack Frost." Turning over so that she faced him, she met his sparkling, icy-blue eyes that were warm with emotions, so deep like rivers. He was looking straight back at her, a ghost of a smile on his lips. She cupped his face in her hand and then leaned in to his lips and gently, but firmly, pressed her lips against his. He responded instantly and kissed her back.

Nothing was rushed, it was simply just... lips against lips. Two lazy, but emotional lips gently caressing each other while a bird sung them a good-morning tune. Nothing would ever feel as perfect as it did then, Summer thought. Nothing.

They both pulled away after a moment and took a deep breath, as if both knowing that soon their perfect little bubble would break. In just a few minutes, they would have to get up and get on with the day; a day that to Summer would be the hardest one since her parents' death.

"We should get down to the Christmas tree," Jack softly said, looking into her eyes. A smile spread on his lips. "I know for a fact that Nick has been here, because there aren't any cookies left on the plate you put out."

A small chuckle slipped from Summer's lips. "Are you sure it wasn't 'Jackie the Snow-elf' who ate them? And I thought that Nick used that gift-distributor thingy to deliver gifts."

"He does, but he makes exceptions for friends."

Summer closed and eyes and smiled to herself; She was a friend of Santa Claus. How truly unbelievable and amazing was that? "Will he come by later?"