24. December

"How do you normally spend Christmas Eve?" Summer asked Jack as they laid that morning in her bed, watching the sun slowly rise and color the landscape golden, yet sparkled silver at the same time.

"Well..." He replied, caressing her side languidly with his finger while looking out at the view as well. Small, baby snowflakes danced down from the sky and twinkled in the light. "Nick is obviously always busy the 24th, so I've always spent it alone, doing what I do best."

Summer felt a small pinch in her heart. Had he really spent Christmas alone for that long? "So tonight when the rest of us meet up with our families and friends to eat a delicious dinner..."

"I'll be walking down the streets, watching you all from the windows while making sure the snow falls until the early morning."

Summer now closed her eyes. The image of him walking lonesomely down the streets, looking in at the happiness and joy, but never being a part of it... she just couldn't cope.

"Do you want to spend Christmas Eve with me?"

"Come again?" He voiced, sounding astonished.

She turned around in his arms and faced him, looking up at his gorgeous face and crystal blue eyes. "Let me rephrase myself; Can you join me for Christmas Eve? Every year since my parents died, Bev, my friend, has invited me to spend Christmas Eve with her family. If you'd like, you can come and be a part of that."

Jack looked absolutely blown away. He blinked, then his brows creased and he cupped her face. He ran his thumb over her cheek, down to her bottom lip, all the while his eyes studied her closely. Then, a small smile lifted at the corner of his lips. "You'd invite me to your Christmas Eve, even after everything? Even though you still don't have your answers?"

Summer slowly lifted her head up and pressed her lips to his. It was just a two-second kiss, but it was deep and warm. Just like him. "Of course. A smart guy once told me nobody should be alone at Christmas time."

Jack's lips twitched a little, but then a insecure frown slid across his face. "What do you think your friend will say to me coming to you guys's Christmas Eve? I don't want to impose. I shouldn't—"

"Hey," She placed a finger over his lips to shut him up. "If they ask, we're just going to tell them you're my boyfriend. Not that they won't let you join even if you weren't. What's that saying again? The more the merrier."

Jack smiled a little and Summer let out a soft chuckle, just as their lips met in another soft kiss. He cupped the nape of her neck and pulled her closer, deepening the kiss. When he crawled on top of her, she wrapped her arms around his neck and moaned softly. They laid like that for while, simply just kissing, cuddling, keeping each other warm. Jack's skin was still cold, but Summer almost told herself that it actually felt a little warmer than it used to. Maybe it was her own imagination, or maybe she had just gotten used to his strangely cold, electrifying skin.

"I'll have to meet up with you guys later, though," Jack whispered after a moment, pecking small kisses against her lips. "I need to make sure to spread the snow to Canada, but I'd love nothing more than to join you for Christmas Eve. If I may."

"You may," She replied, running her fingers through his soft, silvery hair. "You always may, Jack Frost. You belong where Christmas is."

His eyes flickered and then before Summer could say more, he pressed his lips against hers, kissing her softly.

For the next hour, none of them said a word, only spoke through their actions.

~~~