Don't fall in love: It makes missions tricky

Author's note: Ok, so I will try and upload a chapter a day, or at least every other day. Not much to say accept... the character on the cover is supposed to be Nicole (in case you missed the word Nicole on there)... it was really hard trying to find a picture that looked like how I imagined her. Anyways, I may do a series and different characters will be on the cover of each one. Brookie will probably be next... Gonna have an even harder time trying to find a picture that looks like her... Comment and tell me what you think of the idea! One more thing, this chapter is gonna switch views from people, and it might look messy but oh well. On to the story!

Chapter 3: Damien

I go in to Nicole's room and find that she is asleep. Under normal circumstances, I would be thinking of ways I could mess with her, like writing on her face, but today is not normal circumstances. Ever since Noah showed up, Kayla and Nicole have been acting strange. I know that I recognize Noah, but I am not sure how. I sure hope that this guy doesn't mess up the mission, because this is the most dangerous and scary mission we have ever taken on. It will take all our skill.

Anyways, me and Nicole have a love/hate relationship. We tease and prank eachother all the time, but we are also really close friends. Lately, I have been thinking that we could be more, but I quickly brush them away. We have to many other things to worry about then complicating our relationship, especially now with this mission. And I don't even know if she feels the same way.

I start gently shaking her to wake her up. She groans for a little while, but then quickly gets up. "What do I have an my face!", she almost yells. She is smiling but I see suspicion in her eyes. "Nothing", I quickly say. I hold my hands up in surrender. She runs to the mirror. "Did someone die? Is the building on fire? Obviously something is wrong because I don't see any sort a whipcream or marker on me." she says with a smile in her eye, but it quickly disappears. She remembers the mission and Noah.

 " I don't want to go out there." she says quietly as she looks at the door that goes to the living room. I sit on the edge of the bed and motion for her to sit next to me. She sits down, lays her head on my shoulder, and lets out a sad sigh. I want to pull her closer but don't. I am afraid it will ruin the moment. "I noticed you don't seem to like Noah very much. I am not going to ask what he did, because I know you won't tell me. I will say that if hurts you now, or messes up the mission, I will punch his face in." She smiles a little and her eyes soften. " Thanks Damien." This time I do pull her into a tight hug and she buries her face in my chest. I stroke her hair. "Any time, Nicole."

She sighs and sits up. I'm dissapointed. I was enjoying having her in my arms." We have to go in there eventually, " she says. I nod and start to get up. She looks at me and blushes."Can I have on more hug?" she askes in a tiny voice. I laugh and pull her into a bear hug. "Stop sqeezing me so hard! I can't breath!" I laugh again and lossen up my grip. I leave one arm around her shoulder, though, and we walk out into the living room together.

As we alk into the living room, I pretend not to see Allie raising her eyebrows at Nicole. I smile inwardly, trying no to show it on the outside, while Nicole blushes. For one awesome superhero teenage girl, she sure is easy to make blush. I drop our bags on the pilein the middle of the floor, and me and Nicole sit down. I consider it a victory, since she hasn't removed my arm from her shoulders. Noah looks at us uncomfortably, and I start to wonder what happened between them. I slowly start to remember who he is. Oh, I remember now! He used to date Nicole her first year here! He helped us a little on our first missionto defeat Kayla's parents, but disappeared after. I barley restrain myself from getting up and punching him. Nicole must of been heartbroken when he left. You could tell she really cared about him.

Nicole looks over at me and sees the recognition in my eyes. She looks at Noah, then looks back at me. She shifts her arms so they are restraining me, but not noticiply. She looks at me pleadingly, begging me not to do anything. I nod my head slightly, and she relaxes. She still restrains me, though. I realize a conversation is going on, so I tune back in. "Noah, Henry said you had background information, didn't he? Can you tell us what it is?" Allie askes.  Noah looks around the room,clears his throat, and begins to speak.

Noah's Point of View:

I think about telling them the truth. I almost say what I have been wanting to get off my chest for years I don't, though. I simply say, " I used to be a guard at their house. I know a thing or two about them, and my powers could come in handy." I then shrug and try to seem like someone who would have been a guard. I know that if I tell them the truth, I will completly lose the rest of the teams trust.

Nicole glares at me with ice in her eyes. I look away. She had walked into the room with some guy named Damien's arm around her shoulders, and it is still on there. They both look pretty comfy snuggling up on the couch like that. I know that she dumped me, but I still love her. I also know she won't believe me if I try to tell her again. Damien just keeps staring at her with big puppy dog eyes, and I can tell he has feelings for her. He looks up to glare at me once in awhile, so I can tell he remembers me.  He probably just thinks that I left Nicole and broke her heart. I'm sure he doesn't know more, or else I am pretty sure I would be in the hospital. This guy looks dangerous.

He whispers something in her ear and she relaxes even more. It looked like she was restraining him alittle before, but I am sure that was just my imagination. She wouldn't restrain him when I know she wants me hurt or gone, too. I am startled out if my deep thoughts to hear her voice. "I believe we should all try to get some more sleep before we have to meet Henry again. I don't believe we will get much on our mission." She looks at me and says with an icy voice, " You can sleep in here. We would of prepared something else of we knew you were coming." Back, I hear her unnspoken word loud and clear.

She never thought I would come back, but when Henry found me homeless in the streets and gave me the opportunity, I couldn't say no. Seeing her again was all I could think about, but I don't know what I expected. It wasn't like she was just going to run back into my arms, or ask for me to date her again. I knew that, but I was naive. I should have never came.

Nicole's Point of View:

Me and Damien walked back into my room. I have know idea why he has gotten so huggy all of the sudden, but I can't say I mind. We both sit on the edge of my bed. He looks at me with worry in his eye, but something else, too. I can't quite put my finger on it. " Are you going to be okay?" he askes me. I nod, not trusting my voice to not give me away. He sighs, and puts his arms around me again. I relax and bury my face into my chest. I feel my self start to fall asleep, but I am out cold before I can move.

I wake up to someone's snoring in my ears. I open my eyes and find Damiens face sleeping next to mine. I feel myself start to blush from embarresment. Damien must of stayed with me,not wanting to wake me up by leaving, and fell asleep too! I sigh and snuggle in closer. I can't get up, because both his arms are tight around me. I don't want to wake him because he looks so calm and cute when he is asleep. I close my eyes and just lay there untill I feel him start to shift. I look and see that his eyes are open, and he is more or less awake. "How long have you been awake?" he askes groggily. "Only a couple of minutes." He stares at me and I can tell he finally realizes where he is.

He sits up and leans against the head board. I just lie there still and look at the ceiling, as my head is now on his chest. "Why didn't you wake me up?" he asks and I can hear teasing in his voice. I laugh and reply, " Well, you just looked so darn peaceful and adorable, I couldn't possibly wake you up." I jump up and run to the wall, knowing he is about to get up and chase me. He laughs and jumps up out of the bed and starts chasing me around the room. He finally caught me from behind. I laughed and finally surrendered. "Don't ever call me adorable again." he tried to say in a scary voice but he was laughing too hard. Soon enough we were both on the floor laughing.

Finally we get up. I wipe tears from my eyes from laughing so much, and he is clutching his stomach from the pain of laughing so hard. We both freeze instantly when we here the voice over the intercom, "Please come back to Henry's office Nicole, Damien, Kayla, Allie, Noah, and Brookie." We look at each other, the laughter gone from both of us.