Don't fall in love: It makes missions tricky

A/N: Okay so this thelast official chapter, besides the epilogue. Sigh* Oh well, that just gives me time to work on my other books! Check them out!

Chapter 11: Nicole

I look at Noah, and I can feel the tension between us. When I went to go tell him the plan, it turned into a pretty steamy make out session. I have no idea how or if I am going to tell Damien. We are staked out in the back of the Sparks's mansion. We keep going over the plan, and it is pretty full-proof. We are wearing special suits that change into the background and make our body heat not visible from infrared vision.

We have a 3-D map of the Sparks's entire mansion, including all the traps and such. We know how to get past them. We are split into 2 teams. One for Mr.Sparks, and one for Mrs.Sparks. We will all go into together and split up at the bedroom. "Time to move! Now!" I command the team. We head in.

*2 hours later...*

We are sitting against the bedroom wall, Noah, Kayla, and I. We are waiting for the Sparks to go to bed. They are taking forever! Who would have known that destroying them would be so easy and boring.

Then I see it, the dark tendrils of power moving across their skin. Maybe it's not that easy. I see Kayla gearing up, but  I don't know for what. The Sparks finally go to bed.

"Dark power, recognize my authority and leave!" she whispers. The dark power is gone from around them. I pull out the one thing Henry told me would kill them. Named "The dagger of light", it is a dagger made out of completly good powers, or light powers, whatever you want to call them. I move towards the bed, but something whips me back towards the wall. I gasp as I feel it cutting into my skin.

I look down to see the prickly dark powers, having reappeared again, holding me to the wall. I start to cut them with the knife, but more come. I hear Damien and Noah shout, but I can't decipher it because the the dark powers are slowly covering up my body,like a cocoon.

Noah's Point of View:

I see Nicole fighting for her life and my heart breaks. I am filled with energy I didn't know I had. I see each and every one of us fighting some sort of dark power. I look and see the Sparks are awake and clearly enjoying our suffering. I look towards Nicole again, and I see bright green. leafy vines pulling the dark tendrils away from her. I let out a sigh of relief and keep on fighting.

Nicole is battleing her way towards the Sparks again, a look of determination on her face. I see it, luckily, before it gets to her. The dark, shadow demon going towards her. I put up a shield around her, the most powerful one I can make. I see her supporting it with a life and light shield.

"Sparks!" she yells over the commotion, sounding powerful and mightyful. "You must pay the price for your actions!" and with that, she plunges the knife into both of their hearts.

It becomes so silent, you can heaar a pin-drop. All dark power has left the room. "I'm sorry." we hear a faint whisper. Kayla is standing, dripping blood. "I had to pay the demons their price to go back to where they came from." She collapses on the ground, dead.

Nicole, Brookie, and Allie all start sobbing. I barley hold back tears myself. I let Damien comfort them, though, because I know it is not my place.

*A month later...*

Damien's Point of View:

We are all at Kayla's funeral. The girls decided to do their speech together, but Nicole is the one that says it. "Kayla was the best of us. She had more light in her then we could even imagine. It was her battle with the darkness inside of her that made helped her become this way. We can never imagine what she was going through every day, or what thoughts ran through her head when she sacrificed herself to save humanity from that many demons. She is a saint, a real honest to goodness saint if we ever saw one. She is loved, and she will be missed so much-"

At this part she starts to choke up. The girls leave the podium, crying their hearts out.

At the reception, Nicole pulls me to the side. "Damien, we can't be together anymore." she says. I look at her shocked, then I see her looking at Noah. I should have expected it. I nod to keep her from hearing the sadness in my voice. She nods and heads towards Noah.

The phrase I hear above all others, "It is the beginning of a new dawn."