Don't fall in love: It makes missions tricky

Author's note: I am on a rampage writing chapters. I have written two and started a third one in two days. I am pretty proud of myself. I think part of the reason I keep writing is to keep my mind of things. First, I'm moody because I am on my... how should I put this... cycle. And second, my mom called me today and told me my ferrett died. His name was Fred. I know, original, right? I didn't even get to see him that often, because I only go to my mom's house every other weekend, but that is a whole other story. Anyways, I want you all to listen to the song "Heaven" by Brett Dennen. It is an amazing song, and a really calming song. I mention it in this chapter. On to the book.

Chapter 9: Damien

We are sitting in Mrs.Sparks class and I know she recognizes us. Brookie is sending panicked looks over to Nicole, and Nicole just looks pissed off. Now might not be the right time to think this, but Nicole looks sexy when she is mad. I turn away from her and try to focus on the lesson, which I already learned. Most teens with super-powers take lessons seriously, because it makes us feel more normal. The I.S.T found ways to make us learn faster, so we are already way beyond this lesson.

I give Nicole's hand a little sqeeze and she hands me a note. "Come meet me outside. Come up with an excuse like bathroom or something." Before I could reply, Nicole raised her hand. "Can I go to the nurse? I have to get some allergy medication."  Mrs.Sparks nods her head, and Nicole hurries out of the room. Five minutes later I ask to go to the bathroom, and meet her outside.

"Do you want to skip the rest of school? It is last period." she says to me hopefully. "No, we can't show weakness like that. Mrs.Sparks will use it to her advantage." She nods, but doesn't move. I sigh. "Please?" she asks me as she kisses my neck and hugs me tight. "Pretty please?" she moves up to my chin, and then my lips. I kiss her back, but only for a second. If I let myself kiss her for any longer,she would be able to convince me to skip. I start to drag her to class. She groans, but follows me. I enter the classroom first, then after a couple minutes she walks back in. We proceed with class. It was much less eventful then I thought it would be, but it isn't like she could do anything here. It is still school. "Can I please speak to Brookie, Damien, Noah, and Nicole after class." she says, and ruins my one hope of going home peacfully.

We all stay behind to hear what she has to say. "I am not surprised you are hear, young ones. I do expect that you are going to try to defeat my husband and I again. You will not suceed this time. We are more powerfull than ever. I just wish we had our inside spy again, Noah. Why don't you come back to us? Can't we forget that little incident with your parents. We can be your family again." Noah shakes his head and runs out the door. What did she mean by inside spy? Is there something Nicole isn't telling me? "Oh well, he will come back to us eventually. He always does." I look over and see shock in Nicole's eyes. 'So he isn't with you?" she asks Mrs.Sparks. "Not yet, he isn't. When he came back last time, he swore that he was good, and left. He was being a lousy spy anyways, not giving us our information and hiding things. Especially after he found out about his parents. I'm guessing you had simething to do with that?" she replies. Before I can say anything, Nicole runs out of the room, towards Noah.

"Give this message to Henry. We will be coming for a meeting very soon, so get ready." she says. Me and Brookie start to leave the room. We are both really confused.

Noah's Point of View:

I hear running behind me, so I turn around. All of the sudden, I feel a body crash into me and hug me tightly. I look down to see Nicole sobbing on my chest. She looks up. "You were leaving them, weren't you? I just didn't give you the time to explain yourself. I am so sorry." she says as she starts to sob again. "It's okay." I say. "Can we be friends again?" she says hopefully. I nod, but I am disappointed. I thought maybe she would remember how she loved me, and I loved her. How we were meant to be together. I guess I would just have to settle for friends. "Thank you." she whispers. She smiles. " Can I ride with you today?" she asks hopefully. I nod and we walk towards my car.

On the way home, Nicole is flipping through the the radio stations, trying to fill the silence. I can tell, because I would be doing it if she wasn't. All of the sudden, she stops and smiles. "I love this song." she says, then starts softly singing the words to "Heaven" by Brett Dennen.

"Beyond the rules of religion

The cloth of conviction

Above all the competition

Where fact and fiction meet

There's no color lines or casts or classes

There is no fooling the masses

Whatever faith you practice

Whatever you believe

Heaven. heaven.

What the hell is heaven?

Is there a home for the homeless?

Is there hope for the hopeless?---"

She has a beautiful singing voice. I listen as she sings the rest of the song, but I am not paying attention to the lyrics. I am paying attention to how beautiful she looks when she sings, so peaceful and full of emotion. I pay attention to how beautiful she sounds, like everything good about the world. I wish I could hold onto this moment forever. I am sad when we get home. I didn't want this moment to end.

"Thanks... I guess I should go inside and explain to Damien what happened. He is probably worried about me." she says as she gets out of the car. I nod. She walks inside, and I am sad to see her leave. I was waiting for this day, since she made me leave. She did forgive me, but I wanted more. I wanted to be with here again.

Nicole's Point of View:

I walk into Damien's room. He looks up at me sadly. "Can I have one last kiss?" he says to me. I look at him confused. "Do you not like my kisses or something?" He looks at me, and I see a little hope show on his face. "I was thinking that since you ran after Noah that you wanted him back or something." He says grumpily. I laugh," We are friends now, but that is it. I still like you Damien." I lean into kiss him. He starts to kiss my neck. I giggle, and he pulls me closer. I move his head up and kiss him on the lips. We make-out for awhile, but I break it off. I need to tell him the whole story.

"I will tell you the whole truth about what happened between me and Noah, and from now on I will tell you everything. I just can't keep things from you. It is to hard." I say, and then do just that.I tell him everything that happened, and he sits and listens. After I am done, he leans forward and kisses me on the nose. "I will never hurt you like that. Ever." And with that he gives me one of the sweetest kisses I have ever had.