Don't fall in love: It makes missions tricky

Author's Note: I know what you are thinking, and yes, those things did happen to Brookie, Nicole, and Allie in real life. They were actual personal isssues, which is one of the reasons I do not give out names. Also, the memories from Nicole and Brookie about Damien's house did happen in real life too. I try to make my stories as real as they can be, while still adding that fictional element to the plot. I think it just makes the stories more interesting, and less like some random fake book that would probably never happen. That not make sense to most people, seeing as how the book is about teenagers with super-powers, but some people will get my meaning. I also think it is good to rant on here in your books about your personal issues,  just because people can't really judge you, at least not to your face. Hahaha, enough of my deep message time! On to the story.

Chapter 8: Nicole

I snuggle into Damien's chest. I don't want to go to school, which is absolutly hilarious to me. Henry is making us go to regular highschool, and even though it is our first time, I am nervous for a completley different reason. This is the official start of our mission. We have to go to highschool to blend in, so the Kayla's parents won't know we are here. We are using our regualar names, though. I am happy, but not enough to make me want to go. We get to see all our friends again! I have missed my friends so much, even though we all keep in touch. I especially can't wait to see Alicia and Jessica. They are my closest friends besides Brookie, Allie, Kayla, and Damien. They are like twins, too, even if they aren't related. They both play softball, they both share the same humour and think alike. They even part their hair the same way. The only real difference between them is Jessica is pretty tall, and Alicia is about as short as I am.

"Damien, babe. Wake up." I say as I gently shake him awake. He snuggles me closer and groans. "I'm comfy." I chuckle as he seems like such a normal person right now. Not that his isn't one, but usually we are always up earlier than this and are training. "Get up, or I will push you off the bed." I say. He mutters something I can't understand, and doesn't move."You asked for this." I say as I give one big push and shove him off the bed.

While he is lying on the floor, I go to the bathroom to change. I look threw my suitcase. I decide on some short demin shorts, a white tank-top with a pink v-neck sweater from abercrombie pulled over it. It is still autumn, and I don't want to be cold. I pull on my favorite hot pink converse. I straighten my hair and put some masscara and lipgloss on.

Damien walks into the bathroom, still in his pajamas. He looks me over and frowns. "Are you trying to make me jealous?" he askes me. I give him a confused look. He sighs. "All the boys will be all over you." he says as he hugs me from behind. "I can't even keep my hands off of you." I laugh and kiss him on the cheek. "Get dressed and I'll grab us some breakfast." I say as I walk out the door. He grumbles, but starts to get dressed.

I walk into the kitchen and pour two bowls of Boo Berry cereal. I am happy because Halloween cereal is my favorite type of cereal. It should be a crime that they don't sell it all year. I walk back to Damien's room and knock. "Come in." he says. I walk in and feel my breath catch in my throat. He is wearing jeans, but no shirt. Suddenly, I remember when Noah used to make me breathless. Why can't I forget about him? Why did he have to come back into my life again. Ever since he came back, I keep remembering stuff from when we were together, like just now. I let out a frustrated sigh, and hand Damien his cereal.

"Is something wrong, baby?" he asks. "Nothing, except I wish guys could go shirtless at school." I reply as I give hima flirtasious smile. He flexes, then pulls me into a kiss. I let my hands get tangled in his hair and kiss him back passionitally. He slips his tounge in my mouth and we keep kissing til we both nees air. "We are going to be late on our first day." I say breathlessly. He grabs my hand and sighs. "Come on then." We both walk to his car that Henry gave him. He gave us all cars but I would rather ride with Damien. Or Noah, a tiny voice whispers in the back of my head. I brush it off and prepare myself for school.

Damien's Point of View:

Kayla, Brookie, Allie, and Noah are all waiting for us when we get there. We join them, and instantly I can her Nicole giggling with the other girls. I know it is probably about that we are late. I smile and pull Nicole closer. We all start to walk into school. Before we reach the door, three sqealing girls run out and start hugging us. Jessica, Alicia, and Delani. Delani instantly hugs Nicole as they rush towards each other. Delani is a tall and plump black girl who Nicole has said reminds her of a teddy bear. They would always hug eachother whenever they saw eachother, and I guess some things never change. After she hugs Delani, she runs and hugs Jessica and Alicia, who both give her bear hugs in return. I swear all the girls look teary eyed, even Nicole, because they all missed eachother so much.

I give them all hugs last. We all walk in together, and I feel all eyes on us. I see guys checking out Nicole, Brookie, Kayla, and Allie. They are all pretty, and Nicole is beautiful. Whenever I see guys checking her out, I want to punch them. I really wish she had worn a looser sweater and longer pants. Hell, I want her to cover up completley, not showing anything unless she was just around me and noone else. Then she could wear her short and tight outfits, definiatly.

Me, Brookie, Nicole, and Noah all have the same schedule. I am happy to be in the same class as all of them except Noah. I see the way he looks at her, and I wonder if she stills have feelings for him. We look over our classes, and I see one familiar name. Mrs. Sparks, teacher of literature. I gasp and show Nicole what I am looking at."It can't be. Henry wouldn't let us...or would he?" she says. "He said it was dangerous. I'm guessing he would for the sake of the mission." I reply. She looks like she is about to faint, so I hold on tight. I see guys giving me jealous looks. There are also some sluts and populat girls that keep flirting with me, but I ignore them and just act politely bored. Nicole looks jealous every time on of those girls come up.

"Can't they see your with someone?" she says after about the fifth girl. I laugh and kiss her, leaning her against my locker, where we were discussng the dilema at. She instantly responds and kisses me passionitaly. In the back of my mind I hear some guy say," Get a room." but I barely noticed. All I could think of was how muched I liked her. She was perfect in every way. I slip my tounge in her mouth, and things heat up even more. I could feel myself straining to control myself. She pulls back as the warning bell rings and smiles. She grabs my hand and we prepare ourselves for the worst class ever. Of course Mrs.Sparks, Kayla's mom, would be a teacher her. I laugh silently. Taught by the enemy.

Noah's Point of View:

I wish I could just go back to the car Henry gave me and sleep forever.  This is the worst day of my life, and my life is pretty sucky. Scratch that, this is the second worst day. The first was when Nicole forced me to leave and broke my heart. So first, it turns out that Mrs.Sparks, who never goes by her first name, is my homeroom and literature teacher. Then, I saw the steamy make-out  session between Nicole and Damien in the hall. That just about destroyed me. I wanted to punch Damien straight in his face. Ughh, this is just going to go down hill.

We get to class, and Mrs.Sparks looks just the same as ever. With her long honey-blonde hair, which Kayla inherited, and her striking red-purple eyes, she could have been Kayla's sister. Mrs.Sparks uses her dark magicto stay young-looking, and so does Mr.Sparks. Kaya doesn't, or at least she didn't when I knew her before. I wish I was still her friend. When we were both living with her parents, we were best friends.We shared everything. She was the first person I told why I was with the Sparks in the first place. I was the one she first told that she wanted to be good instead of evil.

I was there for my parents, basically. The Sparks had found them on the streets, junkies and drunks.  My mom was 8 months pregnate with me. They took my parents in, because they needed new sources for life. They had to pay darkness somehow, so they slowly over the years took life from them. When they noticed my power, they made a deal with me. Become a double spy, and my parents live. I took the deal, but they died while I was at the agency. That is why I was on the streets with tons of alchohal when Henry found me.

I watche her call role. As she calls me, Damien, Brookie, and Nicole, recognition crosses her face. I see her smile wickidly. This is going to be one hell of a class.