Don't fall in love: It makes missions tricky

Author's note: It is really hard to make good book covers. Just finding the pictures are hard enough, but I had to go through three different websites just to edit the photo, because most of them wouldn't load it. I really like the new title page better than the old one, though. It looks more like Nicole. Ok, one more thing I need to address, I am sorry about how short my chapters are on here. I read other books on my app for my phone, and I will look at other books and their chapters are alot longer than mine are. Oh well, I will just have more chapters. And comment, please because this will help solve a problem of mine, who do you like better? Damien or Noah? Well that is it for this chapter, so on to the story.

Chapter 4: Brookie

I walk over to the training field with Allie. We train alot these days, preparing for the mission. Henry said at our last meeting that we needed to prepare and when we think we are ready, then we will officially start the mission. I don't think we will ever be ready. This is the most dangerous and most deadly mission we have ever gone on. I don't even know why we took it in the first place.

I wonder what type of demons Kayla's parents have teamed up with. Their are many species of demons. There are three main types, though. The first is the Dark Pasts. These aren't really demons, but malicious ghosts who have a dark path and enjoy causing terror.They often pair up with alive people who also like dark stuff and causing terror. If their spirit is strong enough, they can sometimes lend power to their alive "friends". The next ones are the Powerful Manefestations.These are dark spirits, but they aren't Dark Pasts because they were never alive in the first place.They are often the ones behind some of the small taking overs of one's body, but only if the person is sided with darkness or is close to it. The third are some of the most fearful beings you will ever see.These are the ones that do things so horrible, that they basically prove Hell is a real place and make you wish with all your might that Heaven is too. These are called Darkness's Soldiers. I hope to never see one, though they do support my beliefs in Heaven and stuff like that.

Anyways, we get to one of the most intense training areas and start setting up. We have to set up the stimulation course on the computar, and then put in what we are going to need for the course. We will then go through a series of mini missions and check points, all leading up to the end where we fight each other. Nicole and Kayla are coming soon, but they said they needed to talk. They are probably talking about Kayla's parents, and Nicole is probably comforting her. I wonder if they talk about Noah? I noticed them giving him some glances, and I know something is up. I recognized Noah from the first mission, and I know he dated Nicole and left her, but there is something more when they both look at him. I don't worry about it though, because I know they would tell me it if it was really important.

I pick the woods for my course. We each get to pick our own, and they both meet up at the end. I know my power is technology, but the woods are soothing to me. I am an outdoor person. I relax and go into full out superheroe mode, letting everything else slip away.

Kayla's Point of View:

Me and Nicole stay behind when Allie and Brookie ask us to train with them. We really need some time to talk. We tell them we will meet them later. I wait for them to leave before I start speaking. "What is he doing here? I thought you said you took care of it!" Nicole looks sad for a moment, and I instantly feel guilty. I know how much he hurt her, better than anyone else. "I thought I did. Believe me, I am just as shocked as you are that he is here." she replies quitely. "I wish he would of just stayed away. I warned him already that he better help with the mission or I will expose him."

I look at Nicole and reach out to hug her. She looked so sad and helpless, completely unlike herself, that I couldn't resist. "It's okay. I won't let him hurt you again. If he does, you better believe some dark powers are going to make sure he regrets it. Now let's talk about something else. I saw you getting close and cuddly to Damien, so do you care to explain yourself." I say this with a teasing voice, and she instantly blushess. "He was being a good friend. You don't even know the best part, though. I was hugging him and I fell asleep, and he stayed with me. I woke up to him asleep and cuddling me. He must of not wanted to wake me up by moving, and ended up falling asleep too. It was actually kind of nice." she smiles and blushes while she says this. I laugh and reply," I don't think he stayed because he didn't want to wake you up.You should see the way that boy looks at you! He totally has feelings for you." She shushes me as we hear footsteps coming down the hall.

Damien walks in and we both start busting out laughing. "Girls, I will never understand them," he says while shaking his head, "anyways I heard you guys are going to meet up with Allie and Brookie at the training area and I was wondering if I can join you guys." Nicole nods her head and we both get up off the bed. Damien immediatly goes over to Nicole and puts his arm around her shoulders. She looks up at him with a suprised but happy smile on her face.I chuckle quietly and think to myself, "Lovebirds, what are you supposed to do with them." We walk towards the training area.

Nicole's Point of View:

We get to the training area and Damien finally gets his arm of my shoulders. It is not like I mind, but I don't want to get my hopes up and Kayla didn't really help that. Anyways I immediatly go to the computar and pick my destination. I don't need anything since I chose the woods and I can make everything there. I walk into my section of the room and the scene tranforms into a beautiful woods. I don't let the beauty fool me though, these woods are dangerous. The computar could have put anything in here. I swiftly make the trees build a fort around me. A nice, warm fire starts up in the middle of the clearing I had made, and I welcome its warmth. I prepare for my mini mission, Survive the Woods.

I am sitting in my fort when I hear the buzzing. I hear the Buggers before I see them. Buggers are ginormus bee like insects that are very dangerous, yet very easy to kill. I go outside of the fort and swiftly aim water in the direction they are coming from. The buzzing dies immediatly and I go back into my fort. I wait for my next enemy.

The howls pierce through my sleep and I wake up. In the training area, in reality we may only be in here for 30 minutes ir so, but the stimulation is for many days. So 5 minutes in real life could be 2 days in the stimulation. I quickly know that I have to fight the mutant wolves. I get some fire ready, which is one of the few ways you can kill the mutant wolves. They are about 4 times the size of regulare wolves and twice as dangerous. I quickly kill or scare away the pack and then wait for what I know will be next.The big ending fight.

 We all meet in the middle section of the area and proceed to fight. We all fight to exhaustion, but nobody wins, as usual. We end the stimulation and head back to the dorms.As we walk back I wonder, are we ready for the mission?