Chapter 6

Crystal Haven's POV:   

"So," Kacey says, walking over to the counter where I'm handing out flyers. Kacey places one of her elbows down on the counter while taking her other hand and softly throwing one side of her hair over her shoulder. She bats her eyelashes as she looks over to Megan who's punching in the cost.

    "Megan! May I also come with you to the vacation? Lance will be so bored without me. He needs someone that's opposite of his gender to be beside him," Kacey says in the most beautiful and cutest way possible. But, it looked more like creepy and a little scary to me. She looks like one of those dolls in the stores I try my best to stay away from because they are super creepy.

    And also, am I not the opposite of his gender?! What is she trying to say?

    I go back to passing out my flyers. When I hear Megan scoff at Kacey words, I look over at them in sudden interest.

    "No way, in hell are you going with us," Megan says with a toss of her beautiful red sort-of curly hair. "Lance is over you, and he will always be over you."

    Kacey looks in shock at Megan. Her eyes go wide and her jaw fall open but closes it as soon as she opens it. "But you loved me!" she cries.

    "I never loved you. I needed to be respectful with you because you were my son's girlfriend," she says disgustedly. "Now, please go back to what you were doing and leave us alone."

Kacey scowls at me and turns around, whipping her sharp hair in my face. She stomps back to her table in defeat. I smile to myself as she violently pushes the chair out and sits in it, letting out a string of curses from her dirty mouth.

With my sonic hearing I hear her say, "I will get you back Crystal."

No way is she ever going to be able to do that.

~~~

    "I can't believe we're almost there!" I squeal to Lance who's sitting right next to me in the car. He takes an earbud out of his ears and gives me a look.

    "For the last time," he says. "Shut up." He turns his back so I can't see him and goes back to listening to his music on his iPod. Hmm, that reminds me I never heard him sing or play any instruments since he says he's in a so-called "music club."

    "Right," I say. "Sorry."

Not sorry.

    A few moments later, Megan pulls the car over to the beach. "Get out, kids!" she calls over her shoulder, walking around to get the luggage.

    I jump out of the car in joy and smile brightly at the water. Over in the distance, I see the large cruise ship which is brown in the bottom but white on the top. I excitedly start walking towards it but Lance grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls me back.

    "Lance, aren't you excited?" I ask him.

    "Not as much as you are, if that's what you mean," he says, rolling his green eyes.

    "Let's go," Megan calls to us. She'd already started to walk so it wasn't an issue to run over to her.

    As soon as we reach the cruise ship, Megan walks over to an old man who's accepting the tickets. I stay standing near Lance who's checking out a girl in the distance, I realize. I push him with my hands and he falls down on the sand, glaring up at me. His hand crumbles the sand below his palms and turns into a fist as he slowly stands up, stalking over to me. I squeal and run childishly over to Megan, who's about to walk inside the ship.