Chapter 7

I feel something warm and hard against my cheek moving up and down slowly. I try to open my eyes but with the sleepiness drowning on me, I can't. After a few moments, I decide I need to wake up so I flutter my eyes open and due to my stubbornness, I accidentally hit my head on the wooden side of the bed. I groan and grab my head with both of my hands in irritation and slowly stand up. I rub my eyes, adjusting the blurriness as I am finally able to look around myself. But what I see, is not what I imagined at all.

Lance is sprawled across the bed and is breathing heavily, as if he's so happy in his sleep that I'm not on top of him anymore.

"Crap!" I say to no one in particular. What in the world is he going to say once he finds out about this?!

He's not going to find out about this. No way. He can't.

I grab a few strands of my hair and place them behind my ear. I run my fingers through my hair brushing it gently, trying to calm myself. I stand up straight and sit on the sofa which makes a squeaky sound as I lower myself into it.

Lance stirs up in his sleep and I gasp, not mentally prepared for what is going to happen.

I run to the bathroom and lock the door behind myself. Shaking, I grab the hairbrush and brush my hair rapidly with my heart constantly beating.

When I open the door I already see Lance sitting up and going through his backpack.

    I watch him for awhile, his facial expression going from bored to downright angry.

    "Christopher, where the hell are you?!" He shouts, not bothering to look up from a paper he's holding in his hands.

    "R-right behind you," I squeak, walking slowly over to him.

    "Explain this," he says, showing me a picture of us. Us sleeping together. On the bed. My head against his chest. His arms around me. "Have you fallen in love with me that badly that you would go so far as to photo shopping us together? I know our backpacks look alike so you must have accidentally put this in mine."

    I place a hand over my mouth and my eyes widen at the picture. "I would never do anything like that!"

    But with protesting comes hardship. The hardship being that Lance doesn't believe me. The door flings open and in comes Kacey dressed fully in heels and a long dress that shows off her arms and legs.

    She runs over to Lance and takes the paper from his hand, ripping it into pieces. She forcefully kisses him on the lips, making me shriek and stand up. Megan rushes inside the room and tears them apart.

    Lance sits on the bed in shock, his signature swollen pink lips parted and not believing what has just happened. I purse my lips together and turn right in time to see Megan slapping Kacey on her right cheek. My eyes widen at the loud sound.

    "What did I tell you?!" She screams at Kacey.

    Kacey holds her cheek and tears spill down from her eyes. She runs out of the room and shuts the door behind her- hard.

    Megan runs a tired hand through her hair and looks at me. "I'm so sorry, Crystal. I told her not to go to your room, but she did what I didn't want her to do and..."

    I'm still in shock, but not as much as Lance is. He's still sitting on the bed with his head down, staring at his hands.

    "Lance," Megan calls. He doesn't answer, but I'm sure he's listening. "I'm the one who took the picture."

    Lance finally looks up and stares right at Megan, along with me.

    "You two looked so peaceful sleeping together on the bed that I thought it would be a cute picture to take," she explains. "I'm sorry. I won't invade in your privacy anymore."