Chapter 17

"You're not actually thinking of wearing that, are you?" Silvia asks, appalled.

    "Actually, yes I am. What's wrong with it?" I ask, confused at my choice.

    I had changed into a big baggy brown yellowish skirt. With it, I chose to wear a white tank top with a large cardigan top. I tied my hair into three pigtails and tugged on a huge brown summer hat on top of my head.

    "That's such a sloppy outfit. Let me help you," she says, unable to contain her laughter. "Go into the bathroom and take all that off."

    I step into the bathroom following her orders because when it comes to fashion, Silvia knows everything. Honestly, I suck at picking out outfits when I'm nervous. I just pick the first item that catches my eye and put it on. To be honest my dad buys all my shirts for me. Embarrassing right? And I think I'm a lot more than nervous right now. Good thing Silvia's here.

    A few minutes later after stripping out of my clothes, Silvia hands me an outfit.

    I slip on the dark blue skirt which reaches above my knees and put on the black full-sleeved shirt which has light imprints of flowers on it. I smile and stupidly pose myself in the mirror but then stick my tongue out at my reflection and roll my eyes.

    I look like a wannabe.

    "A cute wannabe," Silvia says, applauding as I make my way out of the bathroom with my new set of clothes. I've said my thoughts out loud, once again.

    I sigh as Silvia pulls me into a chair and starts to comb my hair. I feel her fingers run through the side of my hair and I immediately realize she's braiding my hair. After a few minutes, Silvia turns me around in the chair and gapes at me.

    "You look- You look different," she whispers, so low that I wouldn't even be able to hear her if I didn't have my great hearing.

    "I do?" I ask. She nods and I immediately reach towards my hair, but she quickly lowers my arm and glares at me.

"Do not mess it up. It's amazing that it got to what I wanted it to be for the first try," she says with a smile as she takes a step back and checks me out.

"Can I look now?" I ask. She nods and leads me to the full length mirror set up in the corner of my room.

I stare at my reflection for a long time. I really do look different. It doesn't take much for a person to look nice. You don't even need makeup for that to happen.

    Silvia had done an outstanding job for my hair. She had braided a strand from the right side and clipped it to another strand on the lower back of my neck, leaving the rest of my hair untouched.

    "Oh, I almost forgot to give you this!" Silvia says, smacking her forehead. She grabs the huge bag she had brought with her and hands it to me.

    "What is this?" I ask in confusion.

    "Happy birthday, Crystal," Silvia says, grinning. She takes a small step forward and pulls me into a hug. I nuzzle into her hair and smile.

    She remembered.

    After pulling away from our hug, I take a peek inside the bag. It shows a cloth and I immediately realize she gave me some clothes. That could mean a whole lot and would be a huge help if I don't have Silvia around to help me dress up.

    However, I never imagined myself in this situation where I have a boyfriend and it's Lance out of all the other sweet and nice guys in the entire world whom I could have met if it wasn't for him.