Chapter 19

A Year Later

Crystal Haven's POV

"Silvia! Aaron's taking me somewhere. He wouldn't tell me where, so when my dad comes back from work, tell him where I am, okay?" I scream to Silvia as I get out of the door and wait for Aaron car.

Aaron and I have started dating. When I began losing hope, he helped me throughout the rough times after Lance left. When Aaron asked me out I agreed to him. I feel bad that without any real feelings I'm literally deceiving him. I don't like him as in romantic feelings but I still want to give him a chance. And I want to officially forget all about Lance.

"Good! You shouldn't stay in the past with Lance. Get other boys," Silvia screams from out the window. Silvia starts dating boys only for a week or two and then they would break up. She's like a playgirl!

I smile at her and when I turn back around I see a blue vehicle making it's way down the road.

He's a safe driver.

I smile at him as he makes his way towards me. He opens the passenger car door for me and runs to the other car door. I sit inside the car and immediately the second I close the door, the air conditioner hits me on my face. I turn the AC down and look outside the window.

"We're here," Aaron says, already out of the car and moving to open my car door.

What a gentleman.

I look around and notice that we're at an amusement park. It's a sweet idea to bring a girl to an amusement park but I'm not too keen on going to amusement parks especially after...

Lance.

Without realizing, I had fallen onto the ground and Aaron was panicking and asking me if I'm okay.

"I-I'm fine," I assure him and quickly take his hands off my waist.

Why does it feel so weird to have someone else touching me? It's only been a year, for goodness sake!

I stand back up and brush off the dirt on my jeans and follow after Aaron to whichever ride he's planning on taking me.

We stand in front of the Ferris wheel. I look at Aaron in curiosity but he just smiles at me. Finally, I understand what he's trying to do so I shake my head quickly.

"Not going on Ferris wheel. Any other ride, but not the Ferris wheel," I say to Aaron, panicking. Aaron's seems to be hurt but he places a smile on his face.

"Why? Do you have a bad memory with it?"

"It wasn't a bad memory..."

"Then why don't you want t-"

"It was the greatest memory I ever had, and I want to go back to that moment. Back to that place. Back to... Lance," I say, going in trance with the memories I had with Lance on my birthday.

"Lance?" Aaron's hands ball into fists as soon as the name slips from his mouth. "Don't talk about other men when I'm with you," Aaron holds me by my wrist and pulls me away to another ride.

We end up in front of a roller coaster. I look up at Aaron in horror. "This has so many twists and turns!"

"But that makes it more fun," Aaron's hand slips down from my wrist to grabbing my hand. He leads me away to in front of a small store. A woman is selling all types of makeup and toys. Aaron buys two cheap lipsticks from her.

"What are those for?" I ask Aaron in curiosity.

"We're going to compete. When the roller coaster goes down the hill, we will start putting on our lipstick. The one who ends up with a better result wins. And they have their wish granted."