Chapter 1- Choosing

Hello, everyone. This is my first time on this site, but it isn't the first time I've written a Fanfic. I write stories for the book "Divergent" by Veronica Roth, and I started writing on another fan site, until it stopped working for a while and won't let me log in. So, I decided to post my stories on here, and give others a chance to read what I wrote if they have never heard of them before. Ok, on with the story.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I know that I am somewhat re-writing Veronica Roth's Divergent. However, I'm writing as if Tobias' and Tris' life during her initiation as a story to their kids.

Hoping that that's cleared up, here is my first ever FanFic. Enjoy :D

I do NOT own Divergent. That belongs to the great Veronica Roth

Chapter one – Choosing

Tris' POV

"It was choosing day for all sixteen year old kids of Dauntless, the brave. Candor, the honest. Erudite, the intelligent. Amity, the caring. And Abnegation, the selfless. I was Abnegation, however that wasn't the faction that I would choose to stay in. Yesterday, during the aptitude tests, I found that I was Divergent. Which, for those who have these results, are in danger if others found out about us. I, on the other hand, fit into three of the five factions. Which is more than any other divergent has ever received. Anyway, my brother, Caleb, others sixteen year olds, and I went to the Hub with our families. This may be the last time some of us ever see our families again until visiting day, a couple weeks after initiation beings.

"Welcome, to the Choosing Ceremony." The head of abnegation, Marcus, announces. "Where we will see our, soon to be members, join the faction of their choice. Without further ado, let us being with the choosing of the names." He finishes with the cheers of the factions that will soon receive new initiates.

I waited next to Caleb because we went in alphabetical order. My neighbor, Susan Black, and her brother, Robert, are called to choose first. We must go up to Marcus, where we will receive a knife to cut our hands. We then would spill drops of our blood into one of the five bowls in the center of the room. A bowl with a plain grey stone for Abnegation, partially lit coals for Dauntless, Soil for Amity, water for Erudite, and glass for Candor. When the others before us are finished, there are only a few of u left. "Caleb Prior." Marcus calls out. He makes his way towards the bowls. As nervous as I know he feels he does his best to look brave. As if he knows what he's is going to do with his life in the faction of his choice.

Caleb looks back at our parents, who are waiting to see where he chooses to go. They, like me, may think that he will stay in Abnegation with our family. Then he looks back at me in the line. He gave me a look, as if to tell me goodbye for the last time. And he does the unexpected. I think back to the other night, when I caught a glimpse of books stacked up on his shelves in his room. He chooses Erudite. Of all factions to choose, he chose the one that our family despises the most. I don't think I can ever forgive him for that.

My parents were shocked, along with me and the other Abnegation members. Erudite, on the other hand, are glad that they have a new member. Especially one that chose to leave the faction they to despise. "Beatrice Prior" Marcus announces. This is it, the last time I will stand in this room. The second to last time that I may ever see my parents again if I choose to leave Abnegation. This is where my blood will spill into one of the three bowls that I qualify for as a Divergent.

Thinking back to my aptitude test, I had a Dauntless member test me. Tori told me that my results were inconclusive, and that it was very dangerous if that news was to ever get out to anyone. I am back in reality, walking up to Marcus, who gave me a knife as I approach the bowls. I cut my hand, but it only stings a bit. I study the bowls that are most suited for me. When I looked at the hot coals of Dauntless, I remember the dauntless born kids come to school. Jumping off trains, laughing loudly, enjoying themselves. I always wanted to be a apart of them having a life of care free days, time to do whatever I felt like without the need of thinking about others before myself all the time.

Blood is filling my hands and feels warm with the heat the rises from the coals. I make my choice. I close my eyes, put my hand over one of the bowls, and here sizzling. I look down at the sizzling blood on the coals, and look around the see the Dauntless cheering and pumping their fists in the air. I look at abnegation and my parents, and the sadness of my mother, and the disappointment of my father.

I stand in line with the other transfer who picked Dauntless. I look over at Caleb and we share the same look of knowing that we would never see each other again.

After the others choose to stay or leave, the Dauntless and I run out of the building like a herd of wild animals. They yell and cheer, bringing attention to themselves and getting looks from others who would never do this sort of thing."

Well, like it so far?

Read, review, PM me. Let me know what you think. Later :)