Chapter 23- Tobias' Surprise

This chapter will consist of a song that some, or many, of you may know. You will figure out what it is eventually. But just to give you a hint or two, part of the songs' lyrics will be put in the story. If you find them before you reach the actual songs lryics', make a review of where you found the lyric(s) and take a guess as to what the song is. Do that BEFORE you reach the song.

Enjoy! :)

*I do not own Divergent or the song that is mentioned in this story

Chapter 23 – Tobias' Surprise

Will's POV

"Daddy? Daddy?! Where are you?" I hear a little girl, shouting for her dad. I look around from wherever I stand, which looks like the pit. I don't see the girl anywhere. And my heart beats like a drum as I look around one more time. She yells again. "Mommy! Daddy! Help! Where are you?"

It sounds like she's at the chasm, because the sound of the rushing water is very loud from where I am. I run towards the direction of where her voice is coming from.

I get to the chasm after what feels like forever, and I see a familiar looking man with a little kid in his arms, struggling to get away. "Help!" she shouts over the rushing water. I take a closer look at the girl. She has dark brown hair and skin. Her eyes are as green as Christina's. That's something that gets me thinking. That little girl is my daughter.

As I look up from the girl to the man holding almost above the chasms edge, I get a good look at him and realize exactly who he is.

"Eric… Eric!" I say angrily. "Let go of her!" I say as I'm running at him and about to put all my weight into a bunched up fist to hit him. As I'm running, I don't feel like I'm getting any closer to them from when I arrived at the chasm.

Eric just smiles evilly at me. He looks down at the struggling girl and back at me while laughing like a mad man. "Whatever you say, Will." He says just before he lets her go over the edge. "Daddy!" I hear her scream. "No!" I shout louder than I ever have in my life.

I wake up with a start and someone shaking my shoulder. My throat feels like it's on fire. "Will, what's wrong?" I hear Christina ask, but I am too shocked to even move my head in her direction or even say anything to her.

"Will? Please say something." She asks when she comes into view in front of me with her hands on my face. I shake my head and come back to reality. "Christina," I say, my voice hoarse.

She hugs my tightly, and I do the same and I kiss her head. "Will you were screaming in your sleep. What were you dreaming about?" she asks when she lifts her head up to look at me with concerned eyes.

"It was about Eric. He had a little girl tightly in his arms. She was struggling to get away, but his grip was too strong. I ran at him to punch him, but it didn't feel like I was getting anywhere. She kept shouting for her mom and dad, asking where they were. When I found her in Erics arms at the chasm, he was holding her over the edge. When she turned to look at me, I saw that she had dark brown hair and skin, just you. And the other thing I noticed is that she had your green eyes. When she looked straight at me, she started to shout, 'Daddy! Help!' and that was just before I saw Eric push her over the chasms edge. I shouted, thinking that I was going to be too late to save her. That's when I woke up." I say all that to her, and I see that she has a shocked, and scared look on her face.

"Will, you said that it was Eric holding a little girl that looked like me?" she asks. I look down and let out a sigh. I nod my head slowly. She places a hand on my shoulder and speaks quietly. "Will, it was just a dream. Eric won't come anywhere near our child. Understand?" I nod again, and lift my head. When I do, she kisses me for a while, until we are interrupted by a small knock on the door.