0

Intro

"Rei come downstairs already!" My mother screamed

"Rei come downstairs already!" My mother screamed. I sat in my computer chair playing with the pen in my hand. Listening to music was the easiest way to drown out her voice.

"If I change the settings here... add a new configuration there... that should enhance it at least a little" I muttered to myself. The new VRMMO Sword Art Online came out in the morning the next day and I was going to be prepared.

Some call me a closet gamer, but that's just because they don't know me. In truth I play and develop video games as a hobby. I learn computer engineering in school and I'm not half bad in my math classes.

Glaring at the list I had a ton to work on. I wanted to create the ideal gaming experience with SAO. In the beta there were minor bugs and annoying patches that I wanted to fix but didn't have the authorization. So I got it.

As a part time worker in the development field for the company who made the game. I never met the mastermind behind it, but I was prepared to run him out of a job one day.

My bedroom door slammed open and I shooed off the madwoman in my doorway.

"Rei I am your mother! Listen to me when I order you to do something!"

"You slipped again mother" I uttered. "You can't order me to do anything. I'm not your slave."

And with that I locked my door and slept the day away.

<>

As a beta tester and management worker I was guaranteed a copy hours before the release. I spent that time encrypting codes into my gear and characterizing the game.

Just a few finishing touches.

"Rei!" That's my que.

I lied down on my bed and pulled the nerve gear over my head. I had gotten easily adapted to the controls and so it was effortless.

"Link start" I stated as vibrant colors flew into vision.