4

The King's Martyr

"Congratulations"

"Congratulations"

The small screen popped up in front of everyone. Kirito and I had dealt the final blow together and both received rare items. I managed to read 'Coat of Midnight' off his screen and looked down at mine.

The Lion's Prowess

Equipping the armor I laughed at how little it actually was. The cloth barely covered my chest and the skirt was way too short. Though thankfully there was a lovely cape to cover my rear.

Screw you Kayaba.

I remember glancing at the armor designer's computer while I worked for the madman. He was joking around making skimpy clothing whilst joking with Kayaba.

Perhaps he decided to actually add it instead of tossing the ideas.

"Good work" Asuna stated from behind Kirito. Agil was next to her smiling.

"Why?! Why did you let Diabel die?" Kibau yelled.

I looked at the man shocked. He thought Kirito let him die?!

"You knew the technique the boss was going to use! If you'd given that information up front he wouldn't have died!"

I cringed and walked to the stairs to the next floor.

"And where are you going you ex-beta tester?" He snapped.

I turned around glaring at the group of people.

"You act all high and mighty as if there's actually a hierarchy in this game. Don't be so cruel to yourself. I'm leaving while you bicker labeling the people who try to help you. I may be a beta tester, but you don't know the least about it" I hissed. Kibau stood up and puffed out his chest to act macho.

"Inform me then"

You asked for it.

"My name is Reina. In the beta test I was the strongest player there. Nicknamed the Lioness. I ran a guild known as the Golden Fangs. Also, I worked for Akihiko Kayaba while he was developing the game."

"You-You're a murderer!"

I opened the door and pulled out my sword.

"I am no murderer. I will be the martyr to the man who wanted to become king" I muttered leaving. I left the party that Kirito and Asuna were in.

Become stronger. I know you can.

<>

I sat in the hallway alone after the doors closed. I hated parties. People ridiculed the strong and despised the weak. I chose a path that limited my strength but increaced dexterity. Yet it's still not enough.

"You really worked for him?"

Kirito stood by the door with a drained expression.

"Yeah"

"What was your job?" He asked.

I stood up and drew my sword.

"Activate a sword skill" I told him. He looked at me as if I had three heads.

"But it would make me attack yo-"

"Just do it. You want to know don't you?"

He held his sword in one hand behind him and the sword launched his body toward me. As it came close to me I grabbed the blade with one hand and flipped his body over so he landed on his back square on the floor.

"What was that?!" He exclaimed.

"Charger nullification. I was in charge of the extremely rare abilities. My character learned all of them in the beta test. That's how I completed the game at such a low level"

"So in technicality you are a cheater" he smirked.

"Call me what you want. In this game, I'm just another one of Kayaba's victims"