5

Bait and Tackle

I leaned against the wall listening

"This is a map of floor 47. If we use this path we can-"

Damn. He spotted me.

I pulled my hood up and ran down the stairs.

"Who's out here!" Kirito yelled. There was a girl behind him. Silica I recall. Rosalia told me to keep an eye on them. Supposedly they were going after the Pneuma Flower to revive her dragon Pina.

Floor 37 was more of a merchants floor than anything to battle over. I've seen everything. Each shop to NPC even every blade of grass in the forests.

It's nothing impressive at all. So why are you helping a level 40 down here.

<>

"So it's true?" The woman smirked slyly. I have immense distatse for Rosalia, but she's merely a tool. If she knew what level I was at, no, what I was really helping her for, she'd laugh her way into prison.

"Reina, I want you to tail them. You've proven that your skills are above mine or anyone that I've met. I'll wait back at the bridge. Don't get caught" she sighed waving me off. I nodded took my leave for floor 47.

A flower-based area where couples spend their time oblivious to the task at hand. I've lost track of how long we've been stuck in this cursed game.

"Can I ask about your sister? I know it's impolite to talk about the real world, but you said I resemble her" Silica asked. I kept my distance watching them chat idly and kill enemies on the way.

For a low level she's not half bad. I expect she must be level 45 or lower. The armor she has is formed with a booster to heighten your leveling abilities. Kirito must've given them to her.

Just what is your goal Black Swordsman?

<>

They had managed to get the flower and I spotted the bridge in the distance. Just hold out a little bit longer.

"Whover's lying it wait there, show yourselves" he stated. Rosalia walked out from behind a nearby tree and smiled speaking to him. I took the distraction to sneak under the bridge and hide next to where Kirito was.

Rosalia's orange pawns began attacking him and I had to hold in my laugh. Go ahead and try idiots.

When they stopped and stared in shock I swung myself onto the bridge holding my hood infront of my face.

"Another ringleader?" Kirito asked.

"What makes you think that?" Rosalia spat.

"She's green" he stated bluntly.

I stood up and drew my sword. A hand crafted rapier with intricate designs on the guard and a slim fortified blade.

"Here I thought you'd recognize me by now" I sighed pulling off my hood. My blonde hair cascaded down my back and Kirito's eyes widened.

That's the most amount of emotion I've seen on your face in a while.

"Reina?" He asked baffled.

"You're not the only one using your party as bait Kirito" I smiled snatching the crystal out of his hand.

"And what do you plan on doing with that?" He glared.

I groaned. How oblivious this boy is. He levels up and all of a sudden he's the cockiest person in Aincrad.

"Rosalia, It was nice working under you, but you've been played. Im a spy sent by a certain guild to get you into prison blah blah blah. Happy rotting!"