8

Innate Skills

I heard the door creak open once more

"No!" Someone gasped. It had to be Asuna.

"That's impossible" Klein.

I tried to pull myself to my feet once more. I had slash marks covering every inch of my body. Though the boss turned its attention to the army.

Fools.

"Reina!" Kirito yelled.

No. Leave while you still can. I have this!

Asuna ran in screaming with her sword in front of her before impaling the boss three times in the back. I noticed Kirito run in and then Klein who came straight to my aid.

"Idiot. You shouldn't have come in" he muttered picking me up off the ground.

"I could say the same to you" I laughed gripping my side. My hp was at 12. Not good.

"Here take this" he sighed holding a health potion in front of me. Further inside Kirito and Asuna were fighting for the sake of the stupid army.

"Golden Hearts" I muttered. My hp maxed out and I stood up holding Klein's hand firmly in mine.

"I'll cover you for ten seconds. That's all I have. Get the soldiers out of here!" I yelled lunging at the boss. He looked at me full of shock and nodded.

I cut and carved nonstop as fast as I could.

7

Spinning and jumping to dodge attacks.

6

I needed to move faster.

5

I'm running out of time.

4

Hurry up Klein!

3

I swup my sword upward severing a tendon in its leg.

2

My final seconds.

1

"Switch!" Kirito yelled. I fell back gasping for air watching my health diminish to near nothing.

1400. 1200. 800. 550. 325. 90. 20. 1.

It stopped. 1 health. You have got to be kidding me.

My vision was blurry and my head spinning. I could've sworn I saw Kirito with two swords. That's ludicrous.

"Reina!" It was Klein again. Running towards me like a hero again. Why do you care so much? For everything I am?

<>

I opened my eyes slowly. Everything was blurred out at first but came into focus. The dungeon was empty. No boss.

Just the survivors. If you can call us that.

"Jeez! You go all out and for what?! You have 1 freaking hp!" Klein lectured. I laughed at his reaction.

"What was that ability anyway?" He asked.

I can't tell you. Ruins the fun.

"It's unique. I'm not gunna share" I smiled sticking my tounge out like a child.

"Seriously" he groaned pulling me onto his back.

"Hey Kirito, we're going to open up the warp gate. You coming?" He asked.

"No. I'm exhausted" he sighed. I spotted Asuna clinging onto him then I noticed his hp as well.

Huh. We're in the same boat then Kirito. Good luck taming that one!