6

Reunion
March

The top brass were holding a meeting on what to do with the Field Boss

The top brass were holding a meeting on what to do with the Field Boss. Honestly I was getting tired of being ordered what to do.

Asuna was the commander in something of the Kights of the Blood Oath. Who knew. Meanwhile Kirito and I remained on the sidelines leveling.

I glanced up at my hp guague. Level 152. I'd be an outcast if anyone found out.

Not even Kirito knows my level or abilities. It's not that I don't trust him, he just has enough on his shoulders. I know he was level 78 during the incident with Silica. I'm not sure about now. Though joining a party with him would mean exposing mine. I couldn't take the risk.

"Dismissed"

Aw man. I daydreamed through  the meeting again.

Yawning I made my way into the village. I forgot what floor we've made it to. Kayaba has made his point clear that this game is nothing like the beta test. Sure some things are similar, but as we progress the differences weigh that out.

"Hey lion cub!" Curse that Agil... Of course the most intimidating man I know who happens to be soft in the brain gave me a pet name.

"What's up Agil" I groaned. He laughed patting my head.

"I see you're fiestier then ever. How's the lower levels treating you" he smiled.

"Ya'know I think Asuna has a personal grudge against me or something. She hates when I work with Kirito so she sends me out to be the little pet spy that nobody ever sees" I noticed I was ranting and looked up at him. He either was holding in a laugh or had to use the restroom badly.

"Maybe you should team up with her. She'll see your potential" he suggested. I can't though.

"I don't think lions and lightning mix well. Besides she'd probably use me as a meat sheild" I sighed sitting on the soft grass.

"At least you have the luxury. Your abilities far surpass anyone on the Assault Team. You could even take on the guild leader if you tried"

Agil most likely had a point. But I was too scared of anyone seeing me for who I was. Nobody had hit level 130 in the entire game. Otherwise there would've been some sort of bragging going around.

Therefore I had to lay low.

<>

"Reina, do you have a moment?" Asuna asked. No. I was very keen on taking a nap just now.

"Yeah" I muttered following her to the planning room. A large map of the area was sprawled out on a rock with markers for attack points.

"I need you to check something out for me" she stated. What else is new.

"I heard a rumor that someone in the Assault Team is over level 150. I need to know who they are" I nearly passed out. Who found out?! I'm ginna kill a rat.

"I-Isn't that a bit absurd?" I asked. She looked at me suspiciously.

"What makes you think that?" I cleared my throat.

"Well if someone was that strong, you'd notice it in battle"

She stepped closer to me.

"Yet if that person wasn't in the vanguard, or fighting at all, nobody would know" she smirked. Sweat dripped down my neck. No no no no no.

"Reina I'd like to join a party with you" she stated sending the invitation. My throat was dry and hands shaking.

"I don't think tha-"

"Why? Do you have something to hide?"

I closed my eyes and pressed the button.

"Just as I thought. Level 152" she sighed. I scratched the back of my head nervously.

"S-So now what?" I asked. She burst out laughing.

"I honestly had no idea you were so strong Reina. I'm sorry I've been treating you so horribly. It's just you use a precarious set of abilities. None of which help in battle"

I pouted. "That's what you think"