9

Falling Hard
Floor 22

"Wooooah! Look at the view!" I beamed

"Wooooah! Look at the view!" I beamed. In our absense, Asuna and Kirito managed to get married, buy a house, and adopt an NPC daughter? I was told she was kind and helpful. Sadly she fell victim to Aincrad's curse and all that remained was her heart.

I wish I could have met her.

"You know with the money you have you could get a place like this" Klein grumbled. "Instead of that cramped appartment.

"It's only small because there's two people in it! It's not my fault you were scared of your last neighbors" I groaned hitting him on the head. He rubbed it an pouted.

"But I like rooming with you Reina" he whined. I rolled my eyes and took in the view of the lake. They sure were lucky.

"Isn't that Kirito?" Klein asked pointing at a croud of people.

"Yeah. Supposedly theres a large fish in this lake so they're holding a competition to see if he can catch it. Though I doubt his fishing skill is high enough"

Suddenly a giant wave erupted from the lake and out came... a lungfish?

"I-I's huge... and running on land!" Klein squealed hiding behind me.

"They got it you wimp" I sighed watching the spectacle. Asuna pulled off her coat and killed the fish creature with one cut.

"Told you" Klein peeked out from behind me laughing nervously.

<>

"The recon team was wiped out?!" Kirito exclaimed. I was confused as to why I was dragged along at first but chose not to complain in front of their boss.

Heathcliffe was the guild leader of the Knights of the Blood Oath. He looked intimidating, but the way he looked at me put my nerves on edge.

"20 people from 5 different guilds went in..."

I had completely zoned out.

Why am I here? This feels unreal. Where am I exactly? I... Where's Klein?

"We'll meet in three hours. Dismissed"

I snapped out of my thoughts and walked out of the meeting room to give Asuna and Kirito some space. This could be our final fight after all. If 20 people that strong could just vanish, what'll happen to us?

I looked up at my stats. Level 298.

I told myself when I first started this game that I'd become stronger. Yet nothing's changed. It's all just numbers. There's no real physical capability involved. We're just being labeled. Again.

Three hours. I have three hours until I could possibly die. How should I spend it?