11

Heartbeat
Klein's POV

HeartbeatKlein's POV

Reina. Rei Kiyoshi. The Lioness. A murderer, cheater, ex-beta tester. The one girl that stole my heart, and crushed it at the same time.

"Shall we continue?"

Tears flowed from my eyes. You were strong. I had faith in you. Why. Why did you deserve to die?

"Y-You killed someone who worked for you! Who loved what you wanted to create! And you squashed her like a bug!" I cried out.

Swords clashed. Sparks flew. This isn't real. It can't be real. I wanted to move. To run. To fight. I wanted to see her smile again. To hear her laugh. To be hit by her. I wanted her.

"When all this is over, let's meet on the other side Klein!"

"You're a good person no matter what anyone tells you"

"Quit whining you bumhead!"

Reina. No, Rei. Fight by my side.

<>

"As of  2:55 PM, November 7 the game has been cleared. The game has been cleared"

It echoed around the world. The fateful words that signify freedom and strength. The words so many people never got to hear.

I opened my eyes once more. The beeping of a heart monitor.

I have a heartbeat.

I made it out of there alive. A nurse rushed in smiling with tears in her eyes.

"It's true! They're free!"

"R- Rei-"

"Don't speak sir. Your body hasn't been active for two full years. You need to build up strength" she demanded.

"Rei Kiyoshi" I uttered. Her eyes widened.

"You know her?" I nodded. She closed her eyes and left the room.

Is it true? Are you really dead? I never even got to tell you how I feel. It's unfair.

The last two years of my life were something. Mixed emotions and a huge ball of conflict. But then I met this girl in the dungeon on floor 56. She was alone killing everything in sight like it was as easy as breathing.

She could make me laugh or cry. She cheered me up and pissed me off. This girl was my world for all that time.

I will never forget it.

"Excuse me, but this bumhead doesn't deserve to be in the presence of a goddess!"

My eyes shot open and I sat up.

"Say, I told you I would see you on the other side"

"Rei" I smiled eyes welling with tears.

"Woah there no need to get emotional" she laughed. She was in a wheelchair and hooked up to two seperate IVs.

"Are you going to be okay?" I asked. She nodded smiling.

"My nerve gear never shocked my brain when I died. Though I'm pretty weak compared to a soldier like you" she smirked.

"Let's stay together forever"