Chapter 6 - Bullseye

Song for this chapter:don't let me down-chainsmokers ft. Daya                    

Rosanna PoV;
I wake up to the sound of sound of metal.
I instantly jump up and see my brothers smirking face and then I notice why the noise was so loud.
He was banging it off my bed frame.
I roll my eyes at him and then he shouts so that everyone can hear him
"The pit in 15,dont be late" and eric adds "or your out"Everone stays in bed and I get up.

I run in for a quick shower,get dressed,brush my hair and my teeth.
I then call my oh so lazy brother and he finally gets up.

Then we wake the others which are nowhere as bad as Uriah.
They all get ready and then we run to the dining hall.
We have 5 minutes to get to the pit so we grab a muffin each and run,taking small chunks off the muffin as we so.

It seems everyone had woken up when we left because they all come in a minute after us.The only difference is we ate.

We finish our muffins and throw the rappers in the garbage can.
As if on queue my brother walks in with Eric on his trail.
The leaders vest defines Erics six pack.How do I know that he has a six-pack?He trains shirtless making his very muscular six-pack quite visable.

Its funny how Eric is so cold to everyone but not so much to me.
I mean he is not nice,but most certainly doesn't hate me.
To be honest I don't hate him either.

Eric starts to lead us down to the training room and Zeke walks at the back of the group,talking to his girlfriend Shauna.

She's ok,I guess.She's a bit boring for a dauntless.But who am I to judge?

We reach the training hall and run some laps.I finish first and get a round of applause from my brother,where as Eric is only slightly amused.
It's our unspoken agreement that we get on each others nerves.

After that we go straight onto the fights.Zeke explains and I give Eric a quick smirk.I heard all this last night.

He doesn't return the favour.Eric removes the cover from the chalkboard that determines who we fight.
It falls to the ground and I am in pure and utter shock.My name is beside the worst possible

Rosanna VS. Uriah

I almost start to cry.I can't knock Uriah out.
Zeke doesn't look impressed either.obviously Eric picks the pairs because Zeke would not make his twin siblings fight.

We are up second.First is Marlene and Lynn.

They circle for a bit and then Mar throws a punch and it lands in Lynn's jaw.
She soon recovers and throws a kick at Marlene's torso which knocks her to the ground,struggling for air.

Lynn and Marlene are best friends and it looks like Lynn of all people might break down.She looks over at Eric as if to say can she stop.But Eric just said "finish it"in a voice so cold it could form snow.

Lynn gave Marlene a kick to the head knocking her out cold.Zeke took her body to the infirmary,leaving Eric to watch our fight.
I don't think Zeke wanted to watch.

We step onto the mat and I look Uriah in the eye.He is as miserable as me.
We start circling the ring and eventually he makes a move.He try's to punch me but I dodge and knock him off balance.

He screams out in pain and I just want to stop and hug him.But that would make me weak so I kick him in the side.

I hesitate and he says "just do it its ok"in a croaky voice.He closes his eyes and I take that as my queue to kick him in the head leaving him out cold.

I take a few slow steps back until I'm on the edge of the mat."I'll take him"Eric says
"I'm going to the infirmary with my brother"I say sternly "Fine but you won't be able to carry him so I'll go too"he says with annoyance laced in every word that comes out of his mouth.

He hoists Uriahs limp body onto his back and we start walking.
The walk is silent.Then Eric speaks up."good slide tackle"I look at him and say "why did you pair us?"
"Because I can"he says
I'm not entirely sure what he means.

We reach the infirmary and hand Uriah over to a doctor.
They said he has to stay the night and after about an hour Eric insists I get some sleep.
I do as told and he walks me back.

"Did you hear about the party tomorrow"Eric says,Trying to make conversation.

"What party?"
"It's a party for the initiates since rankings are up tomorrow.All initiates are required to attend."

My stomach turns at the word 'rankings'.
"It's on in the black ocean night club."he continues.

We arrive at the door and Eric starts to walk away."good night Eric"I say and just when I think he didn't hear me I hear a quiet "goodnight Ro"

I go in and see my friends sitting on my bed talking.
I notice Mar has a bruise on her left cheek from the fight.
They notice Uriah isn't with me and Lynn says "where's uri?"

I answer with "he had to stay the night but he'll be in training tomorrow"

"Who were you talking to outside the door then?"Mar asks

All jaws drop at my next words "Eric,he walked me here"

No one speaks so I change the subject "did you here there is a party for the remaining initiates tomorrow"

"The ranks are going up that early?Its only been two days!"Lynn says

"I know but the choosing ceremony was late this year so it had to be shortened."

"Oh ok,Ye we heard about the party"
"Good"

I lay down on my pillow and as soon as my head hits the pillow I'm out like a light.

"Hey guys get up Eric just called and said we are going on a trip"
Says Elliot as he shakes us awake.
"In our favourite rocket ship?"I say and everyone laughs.
"Zooming through the stars"Marlene says
"In erudite cars"Lynn finishes
"It's little Einsteins you idiot"I say
"Oh,I was thought the other one"she says.

We all get up and get dressed.They told us to wear our swim suits,weird.
We all go out to the tracks and find a note saying catch the next train so that we did.

When we were on we saw that Eric and Zeke were already there in their swim shorts.

All the girls were in bikinis except Lynn.I couldn't help notice Erics defined six pack.

We soon arrived at our destination and jumped off.It is the crocodile creak.
Eric says "only rule,No skinny dipping.enjoy"

I walk to the edge and look down.It is at least 50 meters until the water starts.

I hear footsteps behind me and see Eric beside me at the edge."do you think the waters cold?"I say and he says smugly "why don't you find out"and with that he pushes me over the edge.

Before I go down I manage to grab his wrist and drag him down with me.

We hit the water with a splash and I start laughing at the way Eric starts to shiver."bitch"is all he says"asshole" is what I say before I swim over to my friends.