Chapter 35 - Thinking

Ro's POV;
I open my eyes and look around, my head feeling like I hit it off a brick 50 times. I'm in Eric's living room, on the carpet. I lift my head from Eric's chest and check the clock. It's 11:30. Shit! We have to go to the job ceremony in like 20 minutes. I shake Eric awake harshly and he springs up, a moment of confusion on his face. "It's 11.30!" I shout and he runs into his room, cussing under his breath. I just run in after him and go to get dressed. "Actually this is a dressy ceremony and that won't cut it" Eric says and i look at my tshirt and shorts in hand. "I forgot to get stuff.." I say and Eric smiles. "It's lucky you have a friend like Marlene" he says as he passes me a bag. I open it. It contains a bagful of new makeup and makeup brushes, a straightener,a new dress and shoes. It also has a note which I open.

Cause I knew you'd do well in initiation,
Mar ;)

I smile and take in a sigh of relief. I walk into the bathroom across the hall and plug in the straightener. I straighten my hair and grab my dress. It is long and black with sleeves and lace detailing at the bottom. I step into it and zip it up.  I grab the heels and step Into them. I open the new makeup brushes and makeup. I apply primer, foundation, concealer, powder , bronzer, contour, blush and highlight. I grab an eye palette and do a neutral eye. I grab a lipstick in a burgundy shade and put it on. I grab my clutch and it's just about time to go. I walk out into the hall. I hear Eric begin to shout hurry up from the hallway.

When I walk in he shuts up, staring at me with wide eyes. "Ro, you look beautiful... I mean you always look beautiful but..." he stutters and i just smile and link his arm. We walk out of the apartment and down the hall and flights of stairs. We start getting closer to the hall and I see other people waking in. As we walk I see some boys staring at me and Eric shoots daggers at them. I smirk as I realise how jealous he gets. "Eric of looks could kill you would be a murderer" I say and he doesn't stop. "Your mine, not theirs. They don't get to look at my private property" He says and I blush, which I'm sure is impossible to see under my makeup."you get jealous so easily!" I laugh and he looks at his feet.

We continue to walk I to the hall and when we arrive at the door I look to Eric, knowing he has to do the ceremony with max. He wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap mine around his neck. "Hey look I have to go up there now." He says, placing his forehead against mine. "I know" I pout. "I love you and whatever you pick I will agree with it, no matter what" he states and that reliefs me. not that Eric would ever have minded but to hear him saying it makes me feel so much better. "Ok I have to go up their now" he says and I nod. "See you in a little while captain cuteness" I say and Eric chuckles. "Its the one day you can say that and get away with it. And I'll see you soon to little one" he whispers into my ear before kissing my forehead. "I love you" he says before he walks off "I love you too" I whisper and he walks up to the stage.

I look around and then I see mars hand waving at me so hard it might fall off. I laugh and begin to walk over to her, but then I see something I wish I hadn't. I look down to see a Lynn with puffy, red eyes and she is sitting alone. I don't think twice about sitting in beside her and giving her a shoulder to cry on. "Hey" I whisper I to her ear. "What's up?" I ask even though I'm almost sure if the answer. Josh broke up with her, it was only a matter of time before he got fed up of her, that's how he is.

"I broke up with josh." She states and I look at her shocked. "What why?" I ask and she looks at me with a look of fear in her eyes. "Ro the only reason I stayed was..." she begins and I widen my eyes, not taking my gaze off her. "What did that low life do?" I say, practically raging at this point. "He used to beat me up when I didn't do what he wanted" she blurts out and I sit here, wide mouthed. "Oh my god" I whisper. "I should have been able to tell that you weren't acting out of your own free will" I say still in shock with myself. She just gives a small smile. "It's ok, I wasn't acting any different so...." she says and I just try my best to return the small smile. "If your so happy to be away from him, then why are you so upset?" I ask and she just looks at the floor silently. "He hasn't fooled you, has he?" I ask and she stays silent. "I know this is hard to hear Lynn, but he didn't love you. And even if he did that's not a condition that you can live a happy life in." I tell her and she looks at me. "I know, that's why I left." She whispers and I nod. "How did he react?" I ask and she looks at me with caution in her eyes. She lifts up the sleeve of her dress to show a slit, still partially bleeding. "Oh Lynn... never leave us again" I say, pulling her into a hug. "Please don't tell the guys" she says and I look at her with a serious face. "They will never speak to you again if you don't tell them" I say and she looks over at them hesitantly. We stand up and arrive at the row Marlene and Uriah are sitting at. They look at me like I'm a mad women. "Let her explain." I fire at them. I sit down and let Lynn explain.

"Oh my god Lynn" is all Marlene manages. She pulls her into a hug and Uriah is just sitting their shocked. "Guys never let anyone get between us again." Uriah says and we all nod.  "You don't know how much I missed you guys" Lynn states and the whole hall goes silent.

The microphone buzzes and Eric goes up to it. "Hello everyone, today we are here to let the initiates of this year pick their jobs. We will go from hightest ranked initiate down to lowest. You come up and check the sheet say your job into the mike and accept your new id off four" the place goes silent again.

"Uriah pedrad, 1st place"
Uriah stands up and walks up the isle to the stage. Eric whispers in his ear and he nods with a grin on his face.
"Uriah pedrad, dauntless leader in training" Eric pats him on the back and Uriah grabs his id off four. He stands at the edge of the stage.

"Rosanna pedrad, 2nd place"
I walk towards Eric and he smile at me. He passes me the sheet and I look at the options. I can choose basically anything. Something really catches my eye. Initiation trainer. I decide on that and point it out to Eric. "That's only a seasonal job, pick another one too" he whispers and I nod. I place my finger on a control room slot and Eric nods.
"Rosanna pedrad, control room and trainer" I walk over to four who smiles. "Copy cat" he mouths and I glare playfully. I stand beside Uriah and the next name is called.

Marlene picks tattoo artist.
Lynn picks to work in one of the nightclubs.
And the others pick fence work.

"Thank you all for coming today. Your jobs start up this time next week. Enjoy your week off. According to your jobs you get different apartments. Head to maxes office for your keys. " Eric finishes off the ceremony and everyone claps for us. The hall is quickly evacuated and it is just me, Eric, mar, uri, and Lynn. "You guys go and get your keys" Eric tells my friends and I go to walk off with them. Eric grabs my hand and I raise an eyebrow.

"Ro, I've been thinking about this for a while, would you maybe like to move on with me. I mean we would get a new apartment and if you don't want to I understand and everyth-" I plant a kiss on his lips to shut him up. "Of course I will" I say and a smile appears on Eric's face.

We walk to the dorms hand in hand and I grab my belongings. I put them in a cardboard box and bring it up to Eric's apartment. "The new apartment is just down the corridor. I got new furniture and everything" Eric explains and I pout. "But I love the old sofa" "well we can swap the sofas later if you want" he whispers in my ear and I nod. He grabs my hand once again and we walk down to the new apartment. It is much bigger than Eric's apartment. We walk inside and I am in aww.

It is decorated beautifully. Carpets and paintings and all I see is a beautiful big couch. I run over and jump into it. "You know what screw the idea about the old couch I like this one a lot better" I smile a cheesy smile and Eric just chuckles.

"Let's get the boxes shall we?" He asks and I nod. We exit our new house and go back to the old apartment. I stack two boxes ontop of each other and so does Eric. We drop them at the door and go back for more.

Once all the boxes are outside the apartment I smile.

"This is our home" I state and Eric smiles.

"It sure is"

Hey guys!!! Another chapter! So much drama to come ;) hope you like it so far.

Bye pansycakes,
Aimee xxxx