[Anniversary]Modern AU|Mikaela X Reader

Lmao another modern AU ; w ;
Let's say you're all 18 here
Reader's POV

♦️🔷♦️🔷♦️🔷

"Come on, Mika, let's go outside and do something already!" I pleaded. "You can do it yourself, (f/n)." He responded.
"Don't you think it's time to go on a date or something? Today is a great day to do it." I pleaded again. "Mikaaaa, i need to tell you something important too.." I continued to persuade him. Mika let out a huge sigh, not bothering to respond to me and continuing to read his book.

"Don't you think today is special to you?" I tried to persuade him again. "I don't think anything is special today, it's just another sunday to me." He stated, not making eye contact.

I let out a huge sigh, "M'kay" I muttered under my breath and headed outside his apartment. We've already been in a relationship for the longest time now, and ever since I've confessed to him nothing seemed to change over the months. Letting out another sigh i went to a coffee shop along the way.

Mika's POV
After a few minutes of pure silence, I wondered how (f/n)'s been doing. Something doesn't feel right, its a bit too quiet.
I checked the dining area and saw a box with a ribbon on top of it.
I don't remember placing a box in there. Out of curiosity, I opened the box.

'Happy 1 year anniversary!'
'-(f/n)

"Don't you think today is special to you?" (F/n)'s words struck me. Crap, crap, crap, how could I forget.

I tried calling (f/n) through her phone and her telephone. Nothing. I tried asking her friends if she was with the. Nothing. Crap. Now what!?

Defeated, I walk back to my apartment, hoping I could talk to her at school tomorrow, I just hope she doesn't avoid me.

== time skip ==
Brought to you by a random fun fact of ONS- Did you know according to the light novel, Guren found Shinoa living by herself in an apartment and found only instant ramen and snacks, nothing of what she was eating was healthy which could possibly be the reason why she is quite short for her age.
== time skip finished lmao ==

After the school bell, stating that classes was over, I headed out and went to (f/n)'s class. Since we were in different class, I don't get to see her a lot except for lunch and dismissal. "(F/n)!" I shouted, trying to catch her attention, "(f/n)! Hey!" I shouted again, but crap there's too many people and she's walking too fast.

After a few minutes I manage to catch up to her and her friends, "(f/n), we need to talk fast." I said, catching my breath. Flashing her smile to me and nodding, telling me to lead the way.
We went to the rooftop, where only a few students are there, walking by while some are there standing by the railing.

With the tensed atmosphere around us, (f/n) broke the silence first. "So what do you need to talk about..?" She said giving me a sad smile, I can't understand how she could still smile to me like nothing ever happened. "Umm-" I was cut off.

"Look Mika, it doesn't feel right," she started, "I mean nothing ever works out, at first I tried making you celebrate our one month anniversary, what you did..." (F/n)'s voice trailed down. "You told me that it doesn't really matter." she continued. "Then I thought after that, 'Hey it's okay! Look at the bright side!' I mean I still get hang out with you and Shinoa, Yuu and the others." Her voice started tearing up, but she didn't stop.

"But my feelings for you never changed, then one year anniversary. I mean one year! That was the best thing that I've ever felt and wanted to surprise you with a romantic date and a stroll through the park was supposed to be my plan, heck, I even went to the mall so i can choose a great dress for me to wear on that special date, even though how much I hate to go outside and but stuff. I did it." She continued. "You know how much I really like you- no, that's just an understatement, I really do love you..." She looked down and back to starring into me.