Chapter Five

***ROLLAND POV***

I nod my head to the beat of Breaking Benjamin as I drive Lucas's car back to Jeremi's, my mind whirling. What the hell happened to Lucas yesterday to make him get so violent toward Jeremi? Why would he let himself get that out of control? I get to their house and park the car, the front door slamming open before I'm even out of the car.

"JEREMI?" Lucas shouts running down the path. He stops short when he sees me getting out, the hope on his face crashing. " Where is she? is she ok?" He asks, his voice high with concern. I toss him his keys and nod to the house. We walk back in , I haven't even stepped through the threshold before he is asking questions again. " Is Jeremi ok? Is Regan? Where are they? Are they coming home? Can I see them? can I call them?" I put a hand on his shoulder instantly shutting him up. We sit in the kitchen and he slides into the seat that has a large glass of water in front of it. "Rolland say something!" He cries, desperation entering his voice.

"Calm down, Other then being shaken up and frightened Jeremi is fine. Regan is too. They are at the house with Oliver. About seeing them or talking to them. Let Jeremi come to you. Do you even remember anything from last night?" I ask quietly. He sighs and runs a hand through his black mop of hair, nodding.

"I remember all of it. Rolland I was horrible. I hurt her. I shook her. I called her names. How do I make it up to her?" He asks, his voice trembling. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"You don't drink again. You stay away from Arnold. You're a great guy Lucas. Don't let yourself be dragged back down that path. I may have been able to pull you out once but I don't think I will be able to do it again." I say. Last time Lucas had started to fall onto this path No one could stop him, no one could bring him back. N one that is but me But me. We had been hanging out and I purposely pissed him off enough to hit me. I hit him back. He attacked me and we literally beat the shit out of each other. I let him take the anger he felt toward his parents out on me since I knew I would be able to handle it. Since then he had gotten better. Until now, he was falling off the wagon again, and at the rate he was going a simple beating wouldn't work. Lucas just looks at me with sad eyes and nods.

"You're right I need to stop. I'm done I wont talk to him again. I wont Touch another drink again." He says with determination.I smile and clap him on the back.

"That's the Lucas I know."

"When is she coming home?" He asks, looking childish as he peers up at me. I shrug.

"I don't know. But I am here to get some more clothes for her and Regan, and some other things for Regan. Wait don't panic. Lucas listen you frightened her big time. Just give her some space and She will come around. She loves you and its obvious how much you love them back. This will blow over. Just give it time." I say gently. I look away as a tear falls from his eyes onto the table. I clear my throat. "Why don't you help me get some of their things alright? I don't feel comfortable going through Jeremi's clothes." He nods and follows me into Their bedroom, grabbing a suitcase from the closet and putting things into it. He hands me a smaller suitcase, Child sized and points to Regan's room.

" Just get diapers the clothes from the first three drawers and the things in the purple toy box. Those are her favorites." He says with no emotions. I nod and head to The baby's room. Its chilly in here and I notice that the screen in the window is popped out and the window is still wide open, showing Jeremi's escape from the night before. I shake my head and go about packing up the things Lucas had mentioned. I look up from zipping up the bag as Lucas enters and hands me the suitcase. "Her work briefcase is also in there and some work clothes. Oh and her Tablet charger." He says quietly, looking at the floor in defeat. I put down the bags and pull him into a hug. Getting over his macho ego he clings to me and sobs.